• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Re: Re: Introduce yourself

Nice! Do you have a build thread somewhere? The tube work is nice.

No sir. Unfortunately I bought this one not built. It's ricky's(ricky b photography) old one. I just painted it and put real tires on and every one still recognizes it anywhere I go. My jeep is famous lol

Hello from Long Island, NY.

I own a 99 XJ SE that I am presently building and a 2013 JK we like to do some light off-roading.

I'm already a member of Cherokeeforum.com, just thought it best to join more XJ's on this one.

All the best.

JR

Hello Jeeple from Erie, PA :)

This is my first XJ, picked it up a few months ago and I've been slowly chipping away at all of the issues you would expect to find on a 99 XJ. I picked her up bone stock with 126K and plan to build it up a little bit.

XJ.jpg

Cheers :cheers:

Girl with and XJ

Hi all!

185K on my 2000 XJ and beginning to replace parts just about every other week. Tired of every mechanic's bill ending up $300 for a $29 part so I'm trying the wrenching myself.

It's been a lot of years since I've done any work on my cars and the last time it was a tricky Italian car. But I'd learned a lot in those days. Long before there were interwebs so search out answers.

I've mess with bicycles of all kinds and over the years have acquired my tools. But I need to build a tool kit for this Jeep. Where do I start???

Looking forward to reading your posts. Will upload an avatar just as soon as I figure that out!

thanks for having me!

Girl Joe

Hi, I copied this from another thread post by WB9YZU

13 mm 12point socket
36mm 6point socket
Basic set of metric sockets
Basic set of SAE sockets
Nice set of screwdrivers
Basic TORX sockets
Vice grip
Pliers
Sidecutters
Slip pliers
Set of cresent wrenches

I would add premium membership, truck sized jack stands, three ball pein hammers (one being really big), penetrating oil, chisel and a good pry par set. The only bike tool you will need is the breaker bar you use for removing BB cups.

Re: Girl with and XJ

Hi all!

185K on my 2000 XJ and beginning to replace parts just about every other week. Tired of every mechanic's bill ending up $300 for a $29 part so I'm trying the wrenching myself.

It's been a lot of years since I've done any work on my cars and the last time it was a tricky Italian car. But I'd learned a lot in those days. Long before there were interwebs so search out answers.

I've mess with bicycles of all kinds and over the years have acquired my tools. But I need to build a tool kit for this Jeep. Where do I start???

Looking forward to reading your posts. Will upload an avatar just as soon as I figure that out!

thanks for having me!

Girl Joe

Welcome!

I started with a set like this one and added from there.

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-...0931783000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

The good thing about this kit is it includes a case with extra storage for wrenches, pliers, etc. That set will allow you to do 99% of the work on your XJ. Special tools that are used on a stock XJ are a 36mm socket for the front hub nut, a breaker bar for the difficult bolts, and a set of snap ring pliers for u-joints.

Hello, I'm rob. I'm from Baltimore Maryland and I have a 01 sport, budget boost, 31x10.50's Dunlop MT. Removed front sway, Walmart fogs, a lot of mud. I also have that jeep thing that burns when I pee.

Do I know you Rob? I live right below Bmore.

Back