• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

just signed up today..i have visited often as all my google searches lead me to NAXJA. i figured it was time to get a little more involved.

Here's Ron...he's a work in progress ;)

1474513_10152925854938538_486885240_n.jpg

Looks sharp! Welcome.

I want to say that jeep is burgundy, which would be amazingly awesome

Hey everyone. I'm Tim from Hamburg Pa. I just bought a 98 last week. I have no pictures of it right now because I bought it and dropped it off at a local shop for a 3 inch lift, custom bumpers and some wheels and tires. I should have it back in a week. I'm excited to own my first jeep at 36 years old. I drove it 20 miles and I was in love with it. I look forward to talking to all of you. I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Hey everyone. I'm Tim from Hamburg Pa. I just bought a 98 last week. I have no pictures of it right now because I bought it and dropped it off at a local shop for a 3 inch lift, custom bumpers and some wheels and tires. I should have it back in a week. I'm excited to own my first jeep at 36 years old. I drove it 20 miles and I was in love with it. I look forward to talking to all of you. I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

You are pretty close to Rausch Creek. Will you have the Jeep back in time for the trail ride on Dec 14?

Hello everyone! Names ray, from Fort kent maine! Had a few xjs before but haven't for a few years. Just picked up the cleanest one yet. 99 sport with NO rust (rare in maine) fresh off a trailer from Georgia, thing is spotless! Has every option available, overhead console etc, tow package, 16"rims and so on. Can't wait to start building it to e a perfect hunting/fishing rig!!

Hey guys my name is Hank I joined here a while ago never posted much so here we go. I am from mass I had a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with a 3inch rough country lift i traded it in for a 1997 Chevy 2500 sold that bought a 1999 chevy 1500 6 inch lift on 33s and now i am selling that truck and it is still for sale I am picking up my new XJ this week its a 1993 cherokee sport full skids tow package 3inch lift on 31s. hopefully 33s in its future. NAXJA

I was at chicken fest a few years back too

Hi to all. Greg from Levittown Pa. Found your site off the "Prime4x4.com" Site joined this and "XJ talk forum" at same time. I have a 99 Sport XJ building for my daughter and barely started want to get one for my self. Jeep fever is really bad............

Welcome. You'll get good advice here from people who have been there - done that. If you choose to listen to it that is

Hi my name is John i live in Mass and have i a 1996 jeep Cherokee sport (Pegasus).

this is my first Jeep and i have had it for about 5 months shes not much but i got her for $250 and will be lifting her soon

IMG_0223_zpsba9e9034.jpg

the reason why we named her that

IMG_0224_zpsf40fcc83.jpg

Hi my name is John i live in Mass and have i a 1996 jeep Cherokee sport (Pegasus).

this is my first Jeep and i have had it for about 5 months shes not much but i got her for $250 and will be lifting her soon

IMG_0223_zpsba9e9034.jpg

the reason why we named her that

Hey Danny boys Little bro welcome to the club

Hey guys, my name is Brian and I've been lurking around for a few years now. In that time period, I've learned a TON of info from here. Thanks to all who take the time to educate those of us who are just getting started in this hobby.

Anyway, I'm from central/southern NJ and don't wheel as often as I would like to. My XJ is a DD and is modestly built while keeping it comfortable for street driving. Finding a balance between offroad capability and onroad comfort is definitely a challenge! Here's a bad picture of my XJ:
stuck.jpg

Specs:
1999 XJ 4.0 AW4
Dana 30 HP & Chrysler 8.25 29 spline
3" Rough Country lift
Rubicon Moabs with Goodyear 245/75/16s & JK shocks
ARB Bull Bar w/ 9000lb winch, JCR rock sliders, T-Case skid, Gas tank skid, HD diff covers
KJ disc brakes
WJ front seats
Various other mods and more always on the way...

Hopefully, I'll be going to NACFest in June. Looking forward to wheeling with you guys!

Hi Brian. I have been away from XJs for a few years, but am back now with 2001.

Why the KJ brakes? Is there an advantage?

I guess I'll take the time to re-introduce myself.

My name is Erik. I now own a 2001 4dr XJ. It has a 2" lift with 31s. It'll stay like this until I finish school and renter the working world.

qu9a7e9y.jpg

Last edited:
Why the KJ brakes? Is there an advantage?
Erik,
I should have specified. They are disc brakes for the rear to replace the stock drums. I went with parts from a KJ instead of a ZJ because they fit my 8.25 axle without having to do any grinding. It's a pretty common mod and you should be able to find all the info you need here on NAXJA. Welcome back to the world of XJs!

Brian, great info. Thanks for the welcome back. I can't wait until I have a regular job and can start modifying the XJ.

Back