• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Thanks...yeah that cage is still in the XJ...next year im probly taking it to A to Z to have a hybrid cage put it...When i got the XJ pretty much everything was shot... The story behind how i ended up with Lynn's XJ was i was helping out during on of the RC Roc races in my CJ5... it was about 40 degrees out and down pouring... And she was txting me telling me about this nice teal XJ with working heat and wipers (which my CJ had either) haha... And the main selling point was that AC still works and it blows nice cool air!! So needless to say during the summer months im wheeling with the windows rolled up with AC blast on affliction and other blacks and red haha...

yeah im still helping out... I got a new job so Im working crazy overtime right now... but soon i hope to get back to saying at my Rausch Creek time share... haha..

here what it looked like when i first got it...pretty much every bushing,joint,bearing,tie rod, ect was shot...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
HAha... yeah, I seem to remember getting drilled by Lynn a few times about electrical gremlins in that Jeep too, as well as various rattles and noises every time I was up there. The Jeep looks great though... How do you like the rear 4 link?

Lynn has my MJ now (Max).... she better be taking good care of it too. It seems that the last time I saw it at the park, it had different tires and wheels, and she had taken the bed cover off and put it on the white MJ.

If you have time during NAC-Fest, definitely come out. Lots of great folks from all over in the club.

yeah and rc rocs what the nail in the coffin for this xj haha... yeah dont get my started on electrical gremlins haha... i really like the clayton rear coil conversion... with the 3 link and 4 link... its stable where it wasnt stable... im finally getting used to it... yeah she traded one guy that works on the rental jeeps tires...the 35s were a little to big for her so she went to 32in km2s... i use max alot for fire wood gathering... Two winters ago i did a high output swap in junior and converted it to automatic so thats her new baby now... right now im trying to talk her into doing a clayton long arm and get rid of the clunks...

IMG950875-Copy.jpg

just another guy from mahwah

hey guys im kelso from warwick ri, i got a 2000 xj. ive added all the up-country crap to it as well as the factory ramsey winch. I also put in a 3" rc lift (new leafs) and bilstein 5150 shocks. I dropped in a '95 HO 4.0 to replace the powertech engine when the 0331 head went in it with an IRO 2.5 cat back system.... i recently added moab rims to it as well as tan leather from a limited xj. I have an mj and xj 44 that im putting together to make one axle for this jeep and i have a 4.5 lift and sye'd np231 waiting to go it. plan is to fit 33's by summer. just need more free time to work on jeep.
0305131602_zps872ed27f.jpg

IMG_0217-1.jpg

0721121654_zpsdc5d47c4.jpg

Last edited:
Sup guy, my name is Eric, and I hail from just west of philly PA, in delaware county. Decided to build my own XJ after putting alot of fab time on my buddies zj, and to do something a little different than my normal go-fast routine. I do my own welding, and after assembling all the "prefab" components, i can't wait to get a little deeper into fabrication on this rig. Ayways, here's how it stood when i first too it to RC in nov, as well as now-

welcome.

eric what size tires and lift?

and deathguy is that winch provision part of the upcountry stuff? of is that or is that some kinf of detours backbone type kit?

welcome.

and deathguy is that winch provision part of the upcountry stuff? of is that or is that some kinf of detours backbone type kit?

dealer installed factory option on early 90's xjs. many xjs exported to south america also came with them because there is no import tax on cars dubbed as "work vehicles."

Hey guys, the names Luke. I'm driving a 1999 XJ 4.0 4x4 with the rough country 4.5 lift on it. With black cragar rims and 31" bfg km2. Smittybilt front bumper and winch.
And I'm from Maine.

Hey joined NAXJA a few months back just didn't make a point to post up yet. Quick introduction. I'm Brett from SE Pa and I have a 2000 XJ that I purchased stock this past September. Currently it has a 3" rc x series 2 lift with n2.0 shocks and 31x10.5 Michelin LTX AT tires. Much planned for it though.
I'll post a few pictures up in a few when I get in front of the laptop.

Last edited:
Hi all. I'm Chris from Windsor Locks, Ct. I used to own a 1992 YJ and sold it. Regretted doing so. So, 3 years after I bought a 1998 XJ sport.

Currently has 187k, and I'm in the process of fixing all the issues the previous owner chose to ignore. So far, a much needed oil change and a radiator replacement has been done. Next up is the exhaust and the rear suspension. I'm a spotter for SkyWarn and the idea is to make it into a reliable chase vehicle with a bit of lift.

Back