• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

lockers, armor, lift, and tires should be first on your list. after you do all that you can start building tons like all the rest of the cool kids

Hey, not a red member yet, but maybe next week. Just bought my JEEP, it is a 1996 Cherokee, its not a laredo or country or sport. Not real sure what package. It is white with black header pannel and black flares. It has worn out leaf springs, worn out shocks, worn out coil springs, and it has some serious rocker rot. No pics yet but so far I have changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Gonns do ball joints and TRE's next week, after that gonna do a super fancy junkyard lift, and wheel the hell out of it and maybe by summin better at tax time. This site is awesome, great tech info and even better people. Hope to get this thing done soon so I can wheel. Pics will be up as soon as I find a camera. Oh, I beleive I have a dana 30, and dana 35. Np231 transfer case, and 292xxx miles, still runnin strong!!!!!

Hey, names joe, kinda just lurked for a while for info, decided to join. Been on jf for quite a while but needed something more tech heavy on the xj. I live in morris county, nj. My gf pulled me away from toyotas and got me into an xj, she also has one. Hers is a 99, very clean with a 3 inch RC lift.

I have a 98 2 door, its got rust...but it also has 4.5 inch RE coils, OME medium duty leaves, ironman4x4 adjustable uppers and lowers, ford 8.8, hp30 with lunchbox locker, 3.73 gearing, etc etc.

old pic but it will do, its bigger and better now.

paintedsides001.jpg

Hey, names joe, kinda just lurked for a while for info, decided to join. Been on jf for quite a while but needed something more tech heavy on the xj. I live in morris county, nj. My gf pulled me away from toyotas and got me into an xj, she also has one. Hers is a 99, very clean with a 3 inch RC lift.

I have a 98 2 door, its got rust...but it also has 4.5 inch RE coils, OME medium duty leaves, ironman4x4 adjustable uppers and lowers, ford 8.8, hp30 with lunchbox locker, 3.73 gearing, etc etc.

paintedsides001.jpg

Looks good. I am liking the two-tone with the green, that looks sharp. We have a run coming up at RC in October called Rocktober-Fest. You and your girl should bring your Jeeps out and join in the fun!!

Hey Joe!!!

Glad to see your finally on NAXJA!

You should definately come to Rocktoberfest, this is going to be my first year out.

Once again man, your jeep is looking awesome!

Hey Joe!!!

Glad to see your finally on NAXJA!

You should definately come to Rocktoberfest, this is going to be my first year out.

Once again man, your jeep is looking awesome!

whats up dude.

i am pretty sure i will be able to make it. i just got my steering in, axle should be going in the jeep sunday or tuesday.

i checked out your thread on jf, looks like your just about done buttoning up your 44's

Looks good. I am liking the two-tone with the green, that looks sharp. We have a run coming up at RC in October called Rocktober-Fest. You and your girl should bring your Jeeps out and join in the fun!!

green? maybe its the pic, the side is black lol.

we should be there in mine. hers see's a lot of driving so we try not to beat hers up, mine however has seen under 1k miles in the past year so we can surely beat it up pretty good.

Hey everyone new here from ct. Name is tom everyone calls me cujo(long story)Im on my sixth lifted xj, i love'em. Heres the specs on the jeep. Cant up load pics from my iphone for some reason.

97 xj sport 4.0 auto
The front Is iron rock offroad 3link long arm kit lockrite locker 6.5 rustys springs Xstock 3.55 gears rear is dana 44 with Detroit locker 3.55 gears has
X6.5 rustys rear spring with 3rd leaf removed with a boomerang shackle. Long travel shocks all around 3 inch cat back bassani exhaust tb spacerXNp231 transfer case bigger injectors, home made emt baskit,home depot hood vents o and dents :)

Also im looking for a 33" spare and a club to join.

Hey everyone new here from ct. Name is tom everyone calls me cujo(long story)Im on my sixth lifted xj, i love'em. Heres the specs on the jeep. Cant up load pics from my iphone for some reason.

97 xj sport 4.0 auto
The front Is iron rock offroad 3link long arm kit lockrite locker 6.5 rustys springs Xstock 3.55 gears rear is dana 44 with Detroit locker 3.55 gears has
X6.5 rustys rear spring with 3rd leaf removed with a boomerang shackle. Long travel shocks all around 3 inch cat back bassani exhaust tb spacerXNp231 transfer case bigger injectors, home made emt baskit,home depot hood vents o and dents :)

Also im looking for a 33" spare and a club to join.
Sounds like Dave's XJ

Hi folks, my name is Bill, from Millbury, MA and I bought my 99 Sport this past February. It's dead stock except for newer wheels and will serve as my DD during the winter months. This is my third XJ. I've also had a ZJ, a YJ and a TJ.

Only the TJ was ever lifted; the rest have been stock daily drivers.

99Cherokee01.jpg

This is what the 99 looked like when I bought it. I've since removed the chrome wheel skins and replaced the original poor-condition wheels with American Racing AR23 wheels.

I've had some minor rust and a dent on the liftgate fixed. The truck just turned over 100K miles.

The most immediate thing I need to do (and the thing that sent me looking for Cherokee forums) is to fix the tendency of the right rear brake to lock up prematurely at times. I was looking at the Teraflex disc conversion kit, but realized it's apparently not a fit for this year. But at least the thread search showed me that I need to verify what rear axle this truck has so I can start to figure out the best way to solve the problem.

By day, I'm a corporate sales/business/IT trainer. By night, I own a brick and mortar truck & offroad accessories store. That doesn't leave much time for play and what time is available is divided between the Jeep, my Crossfire, my 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT and my (slightly) lifted 2005 F-350 diesel.

Regards,
Bill

If you have an 8.25, a ZJ disc brake swap will run you about 70 dollars total at Sam's Pull-a-Part in Worcester if you find a ZJ with rear pads/rotors in good shape. I just put that setup on my MJ. Search google for "8.25 zj disc brake naxja" and a couple good writeups will pop up. If you have a d35 you should get an 8.25, swap disc brakes onto it, and install the thing whole...

Oh, you have to adapt your own e-brake cables or spring for some disk brake swap style ones from Crown.

I could swear I saw that jeep (same color and wheels) around the area last winter. Did you frequent the lincoln plaza or vernon hill areas of Worcester at all?

I could swear I saw that jeep (same color and wheels) around the area last winter. Did you frequent the lincoln plaza or vernon hill areas of Worcester at all?

If you travel Southbridge Street in Auburn on Saturdays at all, you may well have seen it parked in front of my store. Other than that, I haven't been to Lincoln Plaza or up on Vernon Hill since I bought the Jeep, although I'm frequently on 146 or 290 as well as around the Worcester-Auburn-Millbury area.

Oh, and thanks for the info... I will definitely keep that in mind!

Last edited:
Been here for 4 years but never introduced myself. haha

Got a free XJ when I was 18, lifted it, wheeled it, trashed it and it went to the junkyard. Found another for a great deal and put all the old XJ's goodies on it, and the wheeling/Jeep addition began.

Since I don't post here much but do all over in other forums, wheel and race a lot. Here are a couple pictures of the XJ from back in the day and from today.

EarlyJeeppicture.jpg

EarlyJeeppicture2.jpg

EarlyJeeppicture3.jpg

Trail 5 Hill Climb at Rausch Creek

attachment.php

Some others may have seen when I was in JP.

154_1004_07+jeff_daniels_annual_jeep_show_2009+andrew_burns.jpg

In Johnson Valley wheeling the week of King of the Hammers

P1020351.jpg

What it looks like today in race trim.
IMAG0897.jpg

Back