• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Not new here...but I have a new rig (JohnnyK's from JonFund) originally built by Bob (bobnoxious)

28092_1273666768692_1440621455_30590098_8051714_n.jpg

The green one. ;)

'95, 4.0, 5 Speed.
D30/D44, 4.56's, ARB's Front and Rear, Cromo's all around, 35" Goodyear MT/R's, TnT Longarms,
Disc Brake conversion in rear, Warn Lockout hub conversion in front, NP231 doubler and twin-sticked Early Bronco Dana Model 20.
Detours rear bumper with tire carrier, Warn front bumper w/winch.

HI guys. I'm going to try to keep this short....here's my story:

I bought an '05 Xterra while living in Alaska, so I could drive it home to the east coast and wheel it. I was in love. I lifted it a few months after getting back east and slapped some 33s on it. Couple pics:

PICT0027.jpg

PIC_0046-3.jpg

I wheeled it like crazy. Met my husband wheeling (he's got a 99 TJ with about 6" lift and 35s) and then we founded our own offroad club (Alpha/Omega Offroad) which is also a Christian Outreach. We just wanted to wheel and do community service, fundraising, etc etc....and have been happily surprised by the success of the club!

Then, last february I hit some black ice one morning and this happened:

PICT0125.jpg

PICT0134.jpg

It's taken over a year to stop being crushed about losing that thing. I loved it and more people than not thought that "Pete" (the X's name) was my husband, not Chris!!! It's also SUCKED riding shotgun with my husband (I don't drive manual trans). I'm not just 'the wife that rides along for the fun of it'.....it was my hobby before I even met Chris. So, needless to say, I needed a rig.

So this past saturday, we hooked up the trailer to our tow rig and drove 3.5 hours to VA to pick up my 1990 XJ!!!! We got home at 2:10am and I couldn't wait till morning to go out and see it again!

100_0493.jpg

100_0495.jpg

Next to my friend, Adam's XJ:

100_0510.jpg

Of course any 20 year old vehicle (JEEPs especially) do not come without some 'work to be done'.....

100_0506-1.jpg

Hopefully, it'll all be done this week.....cuz our Annual Wheelin'/Campin' Trip in the PineBarrens in NJ is the 21-23rd!

Okay, so I said SHORT story.....maybe it wasn't so short. Sorry!!!

~XX

WOW! I am so bummed we'll miss the event, as we're 1.5 hours down the road and think nothing of running up there as far as the drive goes. (we also judge the RCRocs and WERock comps and sometimes just drive our regular truck up to do that)

But (and I'll try to keep this one short too....) my husband and I are getting married (again) in MA on June 19th. We crack up at people's expressions when we tell them that.....we got married on December 31st on our own....and the June wedding is for our families/friends.

Hope you all have a super and safe time!!!

~XX

wow, friendly bunch. :speepin:

Laters. :looser:

PS. thanks for your welcome, Mr Simon....feel free to stop by our club's site and forum. I think I left it for you in PM. Stay cool. :wave1:

wow, friendly bunch. :speepin:

Laters. :looser:

PS. thanks for your welcome, Mr Simon....feel free to stop by our club's site and forum. I think I left it for you in PM. Stay cool. :wave1:

Sorry..... weekends around this place can be kinda quiet...

Welcome to the group. I remember seeing pics of your accident somewhere else too, maybe over on the Rausch Creek site.

PLENTY of XJ info on this site, if you have any trouble with your new Toy, ask away or try a quick search.

A.

Thanks Andy. I look forward to my time with my XJ. Right now, my husband is replacing the head on the engine. Thankfully, we have awesome friends and it's costing nothing for the part and the time/garage/etc. We hope to get it on the road for our PineBarren trip this coming weekend.

Not new here...but I have a new rig (JohnnyK's from JonFund) originally built by Bob (bobnoxious)

28092_1273666768692_1440621455_30590098_8051714_n.jpg

The green one. ;)

'95, 4.0, 5 Speed.
D30/D44, 4.56's, ARB's Front and Rear, Cromo's all around, 35" Goodyear MT/R's, TnT Longarms,
Disc Brake conversion in rear, Warn Lockout hub conversion in front, NP231 doubler and twin-sticked Early Bronco Dana Model 20.
Detours rear bumper with tire carrier, Warn front bumper w/winch.

Hey Liza...got any info on that? As far as how one would go about putting one together for themselves ;) Thanks, and nice buy!

Hey Liza...got any info on that? As far as how one would go about putting one together for themselves ;) Thanks, and nice buy!
Bob (bobnoxious) would be the one to answer that. The previous owner was a customer of ours and he built it for him. As I recall it wasn't exactly a breeze, if you know what I mean. ;)

Last edited:
ok, fair enough. I knew it wouldn't be a 10 minute ordeal :laugh3: but I have mostly seen/read/heard about 231/300 doublers, so I'm curious to know more about this setup as well. Thanks

He's the technical expert, not me. ;) you ever run into Bob, you should ask him...he'd be happy to give you more details. Weren't you at Gretchen's this weekend?

I guess I should introduce myself

Hello Im Chris and I live in RI. I drive a 98 XJ with a rusty's 4.5" aal , 32x11.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers and some other goodies.

3972537872_ecd8c1caf8_o.jpg

3985648004_b33aa6d6d7_o.jpg

4569546678_2217e7dc0c_o.jpg

He's the technical expert, not me. ;) you ever run into Bob, you should ask him...he'd be happy to give you more details. Weren't you at Gretchen's this weekend?
I thought that rig looked familiar. I was there in a red 4-door, and we pulled off to the side to let you and a stock Rubi pass by.

hey, im josh im from Ludlow ma, ive been stationed im georgia for 2 years, now im headed to North Carolina. Just picked up a 98' XJ from a college kid who im now finding out did some wheeling and not enough maintenance.
Ive got a 3.5 RE superflex sitting at my parents house in ma. as well as a set of 32/11.50s waiting for me to make the 1000 mile drive this friday. This forum is definitely a life saver and im looking forward to wheeling with some of you northeast guys.
P7170008.jpg

rest in peace, Josh. Thank you for your service and sacrifice...

Prayers for your soul in heaven.

-Brian

Hey guys. I have been creepin on the site for a while and finally got around to registering. I live in Central NJ. My jeep is a bone stock 00' 2 door sport. I just got some jk take off shocks in the mail and my RE superflex kit should be here in the next 3 or 4 days. After that is some black steelies and some bigger tires. Hopefully down the road a new front bumper and a bunch of other cool stuff. Heres what she looks like now minus the molding with i took off a few days ago.- Dan

StockXJ2.jpg

Back