• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior hatch panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalpha

I pulled my hatch panel off the other day. I noticed that there were some indentations in the sheet metal that would make some pretty nice storage areas.

However, the rear hatch panel covers these up. Perhaps a custom-molded hatch panel that contours the hatch itself?

Of course, I'm a loser and don't have a picture of it. Someone else probably will, though.

are you talking about the one on the actual hatch or or the ones in the back because the hatch is not sheet metal, its fiberglass, but on the sides that would be awesome

Yeah the hatch is metal, on the 96 or 97 and ups.....the side is used as a cubby for subs alot. The hatch, even fiberglass does have some "storage" divots in it, because otherwise it would be waaaay heavy if it were solid.

On the hatch itself. When you take off the interior panel on the hatch itself, there are a couple of large indentions. Would be good for storing TP when you go camping.

97+ is steel. Those are cutouts for the speakers before they moved them to the speaker bar.

if 97+ is steel and they all have speaker bars why did they have the cut-outs for speakers in the steel?

on topic;
I don't think there would be enuff support for someone to mass produce anything like this. But its the type of thing you could probably fab up with some glass and resin. you'd also want a net of some kind to keep everything in when the hatch was open.

also what could you put in there to keep the hatch opening normal. if you weigh it down alot it will have trouble staying in the up postion.

Light stuff: rags, small cans of propane, paper towels, gloves.

Heck, if you had a hitch mounted toilet, you could mount a roll of TP in the hatch and it'd be your dispenser.

Does anyone have pics of the hatch with the interior panel taken off? I'd take mine off, but I'm down to my last 3 or 4 clips holding it in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back