• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interest for a drop-in headlight wiring harness upgrade

I've found that solder makes the wire less flexible, and it can break just before the solder joint. i've been running one of these kits on my junk for a solid 6 months with just crimping and there hasn't been a single problem.

Last edited:
Well that seems to be pretty good. My personal preference is crimp it then solder the crimped connection then heatshrink it back about an inch making it extremely rigid away from the connector and solder.

I've actually got a harness in my garage that I tried building a la gojeep's page. I was using the crimp method and I cannot get it to work because I keep accidentally pulling the wires out of their crimps. I suck at crimping I guess:eyes:

Mhm, I crimp the CRAP out of my connections and it works really well. I've never pulled a connection out before. I've tested purely heatshrunk connections, no crimping no nothing and even that will hold up ok. Not to my standards, but it'll hold.

I usually crimp the connection, solder it, and then heatshrink. The real nice stuff has parafin inside that melts and totally seals the whole thing. But the solder usually just acts as a filler or glue, I don't put it all the way up the wire.

Don't know how long it'll take xj98jeep to get things rolling or become a member or anything. But for all those interested if you want you can all send me a pm with how many you want and what year's you have. I'll be buying all the components needed to start making and stocking these within the next month. Just an option for everyone out there if xj98 can't get the parts quick enough.

Don't know how long it'll take xj98jeep to get things rolling or become a member or anything. But for all those interested if you want you can all send me a pm with how many you want and what year's you have. I'll be buying all the components needed to start making and stocking these within the next month. Just an option for everyone out there if xj98 can't get the parts quick enough.

I don't know either of you guys, but it seems like maybe you should both register as vendors, and then maybe you should think about getting YOUR OWN THREAD...

I like entrepreneurialism, but couple it with some common courtesy and respect for the rules of the forum.

This is true. It also seems like nobody has it ready lol. Why advertise something that isn't available? Get it all together, then say hey. Buy mine.

So I just thought of this great new product. What if I made a drop in wire loom to upgrade XJ Headlights. Anyone be interested in a product like this? I'm still in the designing stages...

Watcha guys think?

Hey, have you guys heard? Some guy JUST started selling the first headlight wiring harness ever. :laugh3:

For the record, this was already designed, I just ran out of relays and i'm waiting on those.

So I just thought of this great new product. What if I made a drop in wire loom to upgrade XJ Headlights. Anyone be interested in a product like this? I'm still in the designing stages...

Watcha guys think?

I don't know if this guy is ready to go yet, but I think I'm going to start selling a drop in wire loom to upgrade XJ Headlights. Who wants one?
hasta

Hey are you guys talking about the wire loom that upgrades your stock headlights to allow more current flow? I was just looking over some schematics and found out a way to make it possible! Anyone else try this?! It's pretty revolutionary really...

XJ98 Are you still thinking around $40?

Oh by the way, I have a way to get you boats and boats of bosche 40amp relays at little to no cost, maybe a little swap should be initiated :)

Oh by the way, I have a way to get you boats and boats of bosche 40amp relays at little to no cost, maybe a little swap should be initiated :)
I fell asleep on the couch and woke up unnaturally early, but seriously?

And I think it's going to be more like $50. or maybe just $49.99...

id be interested in 2 (my 99 and the wifes 00)

Back