• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest? Eagle Rock run/3rd Quarter meeting/BBQ?

Eagle Rock or Meeting date?

• Saturday Sept. 13

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Saturday Sept. 20

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There! You happy now?!?!?

fawkdance.gif

.....bout time Mr. "I am too cool with no Muffler, HEAR ME ROAR!!"

:worship: :worship::worship:

.........well one down, one more to go..............now that you can hear your crickety creaky suspension you will fix that next. :looney: :D :cheers:

Last edited:
So... tonight I was finishing up my To Do list before tomorrow's ride (just got the fenders trimmed, woo-hoo!) and I'm finding I can't do anything tonight about the last one... I've got some creaking/clunking/snapping in my steering. It happens as I turn the wheel from side to side.

I finally got someone to turn the wheel for me while I listened and looked underneath. It sounds like all the noise is coming from my steering box. Nothing is moving that shouldn't be - the noise appears to be completely internal.

Should I bow out of tomorrow's ride because of this problem? I haven't even started researching what it could be yet. I really want to go on the ride tomorrow, but at the same time I don't want to jeapordize everyone else's time by breaking down on the trail... For those of you that I'd be riding with tomorrow, whatchya think?

hey Frank Z, how's it lookin for you, you going to make it??

last post I saw there was a football game/ werk and was in the air?

jawa2021 said:
I finally got someone to turn the wheel for me while I listened and looked underneath. It sounds like all the noise is coming from my steering box. Nothing is moving that shouldn't be - the noise appears to be completely internal
Engine running or engine off?

I had a gawdawful clunk and sector shaft play, went and bought another steering gear before I read that you should check with the engine running. So now I have a standby steering gear, and a new TRE on the Heep.

Jawa....... I'll see if I happen to have a steering box here at the house, more than likely, I took any I had to the lot but if I have one, I'll toss it in the truck.

Sounds like we'll have at least 2 grills being brought to the run, but I'll bring mine until we all meet up at H.D. and take stock of what everyone brought. Sounds like everyone is fairly self-sufficient on drinks, but I'll toss a few cans of raspberry tea in just in case. I'll bring the utencils and plates.

Check your trackbar mount bolts, frame side. There are also 3 bolts under the drivers side motor mount that are probably loose.

I replaced my trackbar mount when I did the lift, so maybe loose bolts are the culprit. I'll check it out in the morning before I leave, thank you.

Engine running or engine off?

I had a gawdawful clunk and sector shaft play, went and bought another steering gear before I read that you should check with the engine running. So now I have a standby steering gear, and a new TRE on the Heep.

The noises happen with the engine running.

I don't see anybody telling me to stay home yet, so I'll see ya'll in the morning!

looks like a good size crew headed up, should be a good trip, I know have a passenger, but have plenty of room in the Heep for stuff if the Truggy's need cargo space :D

Back