• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed a front air dam on a 99 two door

rav

NAXJA Forum User
This was one of the best mods i had done to my old 95XJ both in terms of looks and added mpg.

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

Like how it overlaps the fender flare:

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

So it was only a matter of time i did it again on my new 99 two door. I could not get the center flare extension out so install on the 97-01 is a PITA compared to 84-96 but I am very happy as to how it came out.

Front View:
ch-1_zps9d13307d.jpeg

Side view:
Ch-2_zps1070064f.jpeg
[/URL]

Ch-3_zps1a0b9a93.jpeg

Like how the front pumpkin is all covered up
Ch-4_zps436c6a7d.jpeg

did not notice any increase or decrease on the 95. The 99 has idiot lights so can't say.

It is a sound, proven, benefit to add a dam. The more air you can keep from getting under the vehicle, the less resistance you get to movement.

I did my Triumph Spitfire that way. Incorporating the dam into front fender flairs. Had all of about one inch of ground clearance under the dam...

Its of a chevy blazer/GMC jimmy.

Don't have the data on 99 as the PO put 235's on it and the speedo is off but on my 95 i got 1.5-2 mpg increase. Not bad for $27 mod.

Back