• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Impounding an enlisted man's olds

Gil BullyKatz said:
Thanks for helping him out...
Hope things work out for that jarhead...
Glad he was able to come home...
My sincere condolences to the families of those that won't...

030413_war_10.jpg

i recognize that picture.....i know that hangar all too well.......

that was one helluva thing you did, i definitely compliment you, and hope that there are more folk out there like you:)

Beav,
God Bless.

johnh2os said:
Thanks for helping us enlisted guys out, Its nice to see the support.

John
x2

Its nice to know that there are people who are willing to stick their necks out for us.

KaHOnas said:
You know, you might want to tell him to check the SCRA (Servicemember's Civil Relief Act). It's a federal act written shortly after WWII and recently revised regarding military folks on deployments. I think there's a clause in there about repossessions and impoundments. Essentially, it says they cannot happen unless you are in such wrong that there is no other way to go about it. If you still have contact with him, tell him to check it out. It may be that the Neighborhood Nazi's are in violation of federal law. Not that he can really do much about it now, but he can at least bring it up to them and prevent it from happening in the future.

Just a thought...

David, (one of the) resident Army guys
Air Cav!
If you two wanted to prove a point/get even. You might be able to use that to make them pay for the impounding of the 88 [If the paperwork isn't long gone]

Churchlady said:
Fine work and I hope your boss has bad short-term memory.

Good chance to say a good word for Disabled American Veterans (DAV), a group very close to my heart. They run vans nationwide 24/7/365 to provide transportation to and from VA hospitals for vets who have none. The vans are equipped for every medical condition, the drivers are volunteers--pleasant, patient, & dependable.

I have a disabled son who lives with me--hydrocephalic/epileptic/intercranial shunt resulting from a head injury in the Coast Guard. He can't drive, there's no public transportation and there are times I can't drive him. I don't know what we or tens of thousands of other vets would do without this magnificent organization. Remember them when you want to make a tax-deductible charitable gift.

I know this is a week later, I am currently in the Coast Guard stationed at Air Station Los Angeles, those who live in the SoCal area know us, we are those whiney little orange helicopters buzzing up and down the beach all the time. I'm sorry about the injuries to your son. I would like to send him one of our unit patches or station T-shirts if you think he'd like it.

PM me if you like

Gary

In Colorado, towing or taking possesion of property without the proper foundation is simply classified as theft CRS 18-4-405 and the SCRA should provide that foundation. Also a little known portion of the Code is 18-4-401. This allows a person from whom something was stolen to go after the perp in court for tripple damages plus costs, even if the property was recovered.

Back