• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Check axle joints for toasted bearings, You have to pull them to pull the Spartan. Had that happen once and in long string of events that no one will care to read, I now have a XJ buggy.

Nothing appears to be wrong on disassembly. Interwebs says that is normal but not common. Screw it, what's the worst that can happen 😀

Axle was built just before WF, so all wheel bearings and ujoints are new and feel fine.

Well that's good to know. It's just very strange.

so...out of curiosity...how much is in a normal range for boat or RV indoor storage in the midwest? $100 per month? my brother pays $40 per month for outdoor storage. just looking into it for somone

Nothing appears to be wrong on disassembly. Interwebs says that is normal but not common. Screw it, what's the worst that can happen 😀

Axle was built just before WF, so all wheel bearings and ujoints are new and feel fine.

I can't see the video here at the part time cause it's blocked...photobucket is classified as 'adult art'...wtf...

anyways...

that axle was sold with a previously enjoyed lifestyle that may have tweaked parts...

mac 'run it til she blows' gyvr

so...out of curiosity...how much is in a normal range for boat or RV indoor storage in the midwest? $100 per month? my brother pays $40 per month for outdoor storage. just looking into it for somone

heated?

I'd not say $100 a month is out of line for heated indoor storage.

I paid a farmer $100 a year for 30 feet of space in his barn, but that's farmer pricing.

you have to accept that your vehicle will smell like cow shit when you go pick it up.

Not heated...just an indoor warehouse. I say $100 sort of generally knowing an rv is bigger and harder to store than an 18 ft ski boat so just ballparking ...

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

33's.

There's nothing you can't do on 33's that you'll want to do in that thing.
and it will be easier on drivetrain parts.
get better DD fuel mileage
and just generally suck less for the 99% of the time usage of cruising around with your pants down.

Not heated...just an indoor warehouse. I say $100 sort of generally knowing an rv is bigger and harder to store than an 18 ft ski boat so just ballparking ...

Your tapatalk sig is annoying.

I won't buy anything I can't store at home. I built parking here so I can store the big stuff in the back yard. So, I don't know what storage costs...I do know, I need another layer of rock on my back yard storage.

33's.

There's nothing you can't do on 33's that you'll want to do in that thing.
and it will be easier on drivetrain parts.
get better DD fuel mileage
and just generally suck less for the 99% of the time usage of cruising around with your pants down.

I like 33s for the above reasons and more, except fuel mileage, that doesn't affect me at this point. I have a bunch of them because of a deal from that pipe smoking, goat loving SeanR guy.

If you are going to get silly with it, maybe 35s, but 33s get you a lot of places, especially locked. You should be saving to bring that puppy out to Moab in 2018 too.

Might be only $200 in tires, but the parts you could break with 35s over 33s, might make it a LOT more expensive.

mac 'I know that you are going with 35s no matter what we say' gyvr

I won't buy anything I can't store at home. I built parking here so I can store the big stuff in the back yard. So, I don't know what storage costs...I do know, I need another layer of rock on my back yard storage.

yeah...i got a different phone and i haven't even set it up...

the storage rental isn't for someone who needs to rent storage, its for someone who has storage to rent. there is a concrete floored machine shed that is quite large on their property. previously a farmer had rented it for $3000 a year to store all of his machinery in, but due to a lot of things, he may need to rent it out to someone else now so they are considering all options. boats and rv's may mean less traffic in and out that a farmer who needs equipment everyday, but maybe not...he's trying to do a rough calculation. shed is large enough for 30-40 boats/rv's campers...but cutting the PITA factor down to just 10 at an average of $50-150 per month for indoor storage (depending on size) comes out to a lot more than $3000 per year....worth the hassle? maybe. its in a good location, fairly close to a few lakes and just outside of a big town. close enough from des moines that people would definitely drive up there to save a few bucks over the course of the year

I like 33s for the above reasons and more, except fuel mileage, that doesn't affect me at this point. I have a bunch of them because of a deal from that pipe smoking, goat loving SeanR guy.

If you are going to get silly with it, maybe 35s, but 33s get you a lot of places, especially locked. You should be saving to bring that puppy out to Moab in 2018 too.

Might be only $200 in tires, but the parts you could break with 35s over 33s, might make it a LOT more expensive.

mac 'I know that you are going with 35s no matter what we say' gyvr

Not necessarily, I want it to stay streetable.....I don't think I would get crazy w 35s.....

So torn.

Kevlars are soooo damn expensive but they just plain work.

Back