• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

My step son and I were discussing that last fall, why couldn't a guy take a front wheel drive trans-axle, mount it sideways, put the motor mid chassis, and mount drive shafts from the TA to the front and rear axles?
because it would be a one wheel wonder

My step son and I were discussing that last fall, why couldn't a guy take a front wheel drive trans-axle, mount it sideways, put the motor mid chassis, and mount drive shafts from the TA to the front and rear axles?

look at the honda powered buggies on pirate.

THey weld the diff in the trans.

Good morning.

My cousin had a pretty sweet tracker. It was daily driver for her, but it was optioned out. V6, 4wd, manual trans, 4 door. It was newer, I knew I should've bought it. She was gonna sell it, I told her to list it on Craigslist, then post it on the tracker forums. It was for sale for all of 2 hours.

Unbelievable.

Well after a pretty dry winter here, mother nature is trying to make up for lost time. Got a lot of snow this weekend and it snowed another foot last night and is supposed to snow another 8" today....aaah western NY. I need a snowmobile

Good morning.

I bought this 1999 Tracker off my BIL last year and thought it would be a cheap side-by-side replacement, and it is just that. It goes anywhere that I want it to, and some places it shouldn't. I bought a set of Swamper knock-off retreads for it in the stock size, it is about unstoppable! And it has the 2 piece removable hardtop on it and has functioning heat and AC. (black vehicle and black hard top works wonders with Gorilla tape to seal it up from the wind noise :D)

Tracker_zpscdvtbpzv.jpg

But seeing how I am always buying and selling things, it is time for this expendable item to go...bc I bought this for myself for my 40th birthday this week :D And you all know that I can not leave it stock!

RZR%201000_zpsbccynnzf.jpg

It was one of these or a corvette with a 24 yr old girlfriend...Camille told me this RZR was WAY cheaper than what the divorce would cost me...and I saw in her eyes she was probably serious this time.

Last edited:
Got to visit the "Aaron "FlexdXJ" Thompson" bench at Redbird yesterday, pretty awesome!

So ford guys, school me on the 4.6? There is an 02 f150 for sale cheap here with a clean body and frame but its a 4.6...i know they are decent but not as good as the new 3v motors...the truck is $1500 so I don't know what the catch is but the truck is as clean looking as I've seen here

4.6 like the 5.4 likes to make its power high in the rpm range. The catch is prob that its a 4.6 and won't be able to do much pulling a trailer, but for around town, they do well... a 4.6 in a F150 is like a 5.4 in a F250 - will it work, yes - are there better options, totally.

Service-wise just the basics, like a 5.4 if a coil goes, you can do them 1 by 1 over time as they'll all go out or do them all at once. The intake manifolds like to leak in several different areas. The passenger rear area where the intake meets the head likes to overheat, theres a mod you can do to help alleviate that....

Back