• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

With all the travel I do for work, I am always eating alone at restaurants. It was really weird at first but you get use to it, now it is normal. Don't judge me, haha

yup...i've also started going to movies alone. its a little weird, but it passes the time

okay...so the plan for this winter was to pull the mj into the garage and gut the interior to do floor pans and to pull the motor and swap the tranny for an ax 15...BUT...i found an 86 thats been converted to a 4.0 already with a 95 dash and harness. it needs the fuel system plumbed, and the body needs to be put back together. its a rust free southern truck. thinking i might sell mine and buy this one

66512074fd566b1d5b1db4aa79ad593e.jpg

2d6190415ae81c0156478b2ce8237699.jpg

Prepping newtous motor from k5matt with some new parts

mac 'including a new header!' gyvr

With all the travel I do for work, I am always eating alone at restaurants. It was really weird at first but you get use to it, now it is normal. Don't judge me, haha

Same here. I usually use it as a time to catch up on the awesomeness that goes on in this thread, among other things.

Speaking of eating alone, just landed in Seattle, Washington. This should be an interesting trip...

Seattle to San Francisco to LA to Phoenix then home on Friday. That means 1+ flight per day, I love airports...

Speaking of eating alone, just landed in Seattle, Washington. This should be an interesting trip...

Seattle to San Francisco to LA to Phoenix then home on Friday. That means 1+ flight per day, I love airports...

Atleast you're flying those legs. My CA trips usually involve a flight from Charlotte to either SFO or LAX, then driving all over CA to get to each jobsite. Usually a 4-5 hour drive in between each job.

When I fly into Sacramento or Fresno it's always a less than 30 minute lay over in Phoenix each way. I've done the 2 minute mile across 4 terminals in Phoenix more times than I care to.

melissa wound up sticking with the craptastiic job that she took this summer after getting laid off...but it appears the owner hasn't really learned her lesson. she made my wife salaried knowing she would occasionally be working more than 40 hours...fine, no big deal...BUT...now that the slow season/ holiday season is here she is going to make her hourly since she will be off holidays. this means she can now skirt the holiday pay...

ugh, i realize theres not really a damn thing to do about it, but it just makes me mad and is making her even more miserable there. some people just suck. i'm hoping she finds something else soon. i know if i land this full time gig in town it will free up some time for her to spend more time looking...okay rant off

melissa wound up sticking with the craptastiic job that she took this summer after getting laid off...but it appears the owner hasn't really learned her lesson. she made my wife salaried knowing she would occasionally be working more than 40 hours...fine, no big deal...BUT...now that the slow season/ holiday season is here she is going to make her hourly since she will be off holidays. this means she can now skirt the holiday pay...

ugh, i realize theres not really a damn thing to do about it, but it just makes me mad and is making her even more miserable there. some people just suck. i'm hoping she finds something else soon. i know if i land this full time gig in town it will free up some time for her to spend more time looking...okay rant off
Sounds like a call to the wage and labor bureau is in order.

Back