• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

My F350 needs tires before KOH...

thats...6 tires...

mac '1200 ish' gyvr

The tires I put on the trailer were $1100 by the time I was done with everything for 6...

We drove the 5.9 a bit tonight. Had to go to the store for groceries...can't believe how nice it drives with new shoes...now it just needs some shocks...

Spent more money on groceries than I have ever spent in at one time...

mac 'usually everything I own needs tires' gyvr

I budget $200/tire for the Dodge, and I buy 5 tires at a time.

I've been wheeling since '10 on tires that cost me $550 shipped... red XJ is wearing 3 tires I got free and one I got for $40.

5 ton has stock tires on it, but the new tires I bought for it a year ago (still haven't put on, need to buy $600+ in rims) ran me $1400 for 6. They're 46s so that's really not too bad, all things considered.

Both jeeps are good, van needs tires. OEM Hankooks sucked when new, at 37k they're scary in the rain, don't want to do another winter on them.

Michelin LTX of some sort, and maybe some Boggers on the rear for the WF campground :D

I've gone back to Michelin LTX-2 tires on the Dodge. I've been quite happy with their manners. I'll *NEVER* run Goodyear RT/S tires. The Dodge had a nearly new set on it when I bought it, and I pulled them off before the first winter, they're almost worthless on anything except for completely dry roads.

Truck got new tires a few weeks back. They were free!
I did eat a $600 bag of popcorn when I was at the shop though.

Big fan of Michelin/BFG... right now I've got what looks like factory Bridgestones on my Duramax. They have so-so tread but are cracking and have a date code of 7/05... 7 years is enough, probably will get a new set before the end of the year. I would love a set of Michelins but based on price I will probably be going with AT K/Os and hopefully I'll get more than 30k out of them.

...assuming I'll ever own a vehicle for 30k miles.

When it comes to the F350...I'm not sure what I'm going to put on it...

It will have to be E rated.

I like BFGs....the long standing ATs are a great tire, but not sure I need something that agreesive...thinking maybe the long trail T/As...

I also want to go a size or two bigger (dually limits me) than I currently have to bring the rpms down on the hwy...

mac '17s' gyvr

384263_444660232238339_570868282_n.jpg

A U.S. Border Patrol spokeswoman in Arizona said a pair of smugglers built a flimsy makeshift ramp and tried to drive over a 14-foot-high fence in southeastern Arizona near the Calif. border just after midnight Tuesday but abandoned the vehicle after it got stuck and and fled back into Mexico as agents approached.

I try to run Michelin's or BFG's myself. I agree the the Wrangler RT/S and the AT/S tires are a joke for traction.
I have the Michelin LTX M/S load range E on my 1/2ton AWD van. The tires have 49K miles. Needless to say there is 4/32 wear on them and they have great traction in the snow already this year.

The Jeep has a brand new set of Uniroyal Liberator A/T that were on it when I bought it.I run those from spring to fall. I also have a set of four BFGoodrich Commercial Traction T/A load range E with a size of 235/75R16. I put those on for winter and plowing.

Fiancee's car I just bought 4 Michelin Pilot X-ice2 tires with 9/32 tread for 275 on craigslist. I will find another set of rims. Funny thing is it is the same bolt pattern as on the Jeep.

Last edited:
I've gone back to Michelin LTX-2 tires on the Dodge. I've been quite happy with their manners. I'll *NEVER* run Goodyear RT/S tires. The Dodge had a nearly new set on it when I bought it, and I pulled them off before the first winter, they're almost worthless on anything except for completely dry roads.

I put LTX's on the truck 30k miles ago. They still have more than half the tread on them, ride nice and are quiet.

I liked the Goodyear contractor grade Silent Armors on the Dodge, basically an E rated AT/S. Good traction, unfortunately, they wore a little faster than I liked. I had them once upon a time on the XJ, when it was still bone stock and had good luck with them there as well. I couldn't keep BFG ATs round on the Dodge at all (tried 2 sets.)

I like my BFG's. The KM2's have almost 20k miles on them and they are still around 11/32's or so! Found a used set of Touring T/A's for the neon and they haven't given me issues yet.

F150 has 'new' tires on it, like 9/32nds or something... Plus when I was looking at buying it...

Jeep has the new-to-me Regal Trail Blazers on it that I have yet to take offroad because the pile won't run. Only concern is they were made in like 02/03 but were never used... Sidewalls seem kind of standard compared to other 'offroad' tires... Only bad thing about them is I've been reading they like to split down the middle where the mold seam is... we'll see how long it takes for me to blow one up... Just wish I had a spare...

When it comes to the F350...I'm not sure what I'm going to put on it...

It will have to be E rated.

I like BFGs....the long standing ATs are a great tire, but not sure I need something that agreesive...thinking maybe the long trail T/As...

I also want to go a size or two bigger (dually limits me) than I currently have to bring the rpms down on the hwy...

mac '17s' gyvr

I looked hard at the "Rugged Terrains" for the racecar. Kind of a cross between the long trail and the AT.

one of them hybrid highway/AT designs like the revos and the hankooks that eventually got put on it. I can't say enough about the hankooks on Jennies junk. They have been outstanding. OE tires always suck, different compounds tha nthe retail tires.

That is illegal, the insurance company HAS to replace with factory parts.

Almost every estimate it get handed has a combination of LKQ(like kind and quality) aftermarket or reconditioned and OEM. on a very very rare occasion and we putting all OEM parts on a car. now it all depends on insurance company's what they will put on your car but for the most part they will save as much money as possible on any repair.

good new is there are more guys than just me that will sell their OEM parts to meet the prices of the AM and LKQ stuff, so you're getting the prices the insurance guys like but with more quality parts.

SAM'insurance companies never thanks us'SET

All of our vehicles are pretty good on tires, though Meganne really wants a set of Blizzaks for the winter. She had a set on her ZJ and loved them, so naturally she wants them again. We would like to find a set of wheels for it, but since its a WJ, I gotta deal with the 5x5 pattern.

I found a set of black factory wheels a while back and she didn't seem interested. Whatever. It's her money and her Jeep...

I do have a set of 31" firestone winterforces I should put on the mj this winter. It wasn't big enough to clear them 2 winters ago and there wasn't enough snow to justify them last winter... cost me $320 for 4.

Back