• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

a guy wanted to come check out the durango today. he said he woulf be here in an half hour and 2 hours later i had not heard from him. just as i was writing him off as a troll messing with me he calls, still not confident i decide to meet him where he was(only mile from my house) half hour after that i have 4grand and he has my title.

one would think that this is a great thing but it really does make me sad, i had that thing for 10+ years and it was there for 2 marriages a divorce most of my "learning" years and just missed my 1st kid. although it is sad i guess it goes in the books as a good day.

SAM'someone else is currently driving my truck'SET

a guy wanted to come check out the durango today. he said he woulf be here in an half hour and 2 hours later i had not heard from him. just as i was writing him off as a troll messing with me he calls, still not confident i decide to meet him where he was(only mile from my house) half hour after that i have 4grand and he has my title.

one would think that this is a great thing but it really does make me sad, i had that thing for 10+ years and it was there for 2 marriages a divorce most of my "learning" years and just missed my 1st kid. although it is sad i guess it goes in the books as a good day.

SAM'someone else is currently driving my truck'SET

Don't dwell on it too much, you'll always have the memories of it and I'm sure you have some good photos of it to remember. Just stuff the money under your mattress for now and start looking ahead and getting excited about what you'll get next.

I've got a ton of vehicles I miss, but I'm always enjoying the ones I've got. Most of the time at least!

ive only owned 2 vehicles at this point, both were xj's...the subie was purchased in the wifes name, though technically it is also mine now that we are married.

this january will be the 10 year anniversary of dd'ing an xj...a year from then it will be the 10 year anniversary of owning my 98. not sure i can imagine life without her. not sure how many road years she has left, but its going to be weird driving something else. im considering getting another one so i don't have to go through withdrawls when mine gets pulled from the road. if the j10 project goes alright...i might consider dropping the same motor in an xj. i think i might have another one headed my way soon

Can't tell you how many cars I've owned. Before I got bit by the jeep bug, I was severely into oldsmobiles. My first was a 79 cutlass that I put a 350 rocket into. The oldest was a 64 F-85 convertible with a 425 bb/4 speed. Others included a 70, 73, 77, 80, 81, 84 cutlass. Plus a hand full of Delta's and Regency's. I raced circle dirt for a year and used a 77 cutlass body on that.

Only a few of them I don't miss. :cry:

Sold the Suburban Sunday, the cash has been burning a hole in my pocket. Going to look at a 03 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L CCSB tomorrow.

Illiana 'something women like about a pickup man' XJ

Can't tell you how many cars I've owned. Before I got bit by the jeep bug, I was severely into oldsmobiles. My first was a 79 cutlass that I put a 350 rocket into. The oldest was a 64 F-85 convertible with a 425 bb/4 speed. Others included a 70, 73, 77, 80, 81, 84 cutlass. Plus a hand full of Delta's and Regency's. I raced circle dirt for a year and used a 77 cutlass body on that.

Only a few of them I don't miss. :cry:

this explains why you are like you are.

87 'old guys drive oldsmobiles' manche

I've owned two XJs, two MJs, the 5 ton, and the van... plus an XJ for parts only and a dodge pickup for parts only.

The only vehicles I'll be considering for future purchases are MJs, a J20, an M715, and an M816. No others need apply.

I've owned two XJs, two MJs, the 5 ton, and the van... plus an XJ for parts only and a dodge pickup for parts only.

The only vehicles I'll be considering for future purchases are MJs, a J20, an M715, and an M816. No others need apply.

that's a great plan, till you realize there just aren't that many MJ chassis left.

I have decided that our next vehicle will be vintage.

with a fuel injected modern motor in it.

all the benfits, none of the stupid.

that's a great plan, till you realize there just aren't that many MJ chassis left.

willy's wagon with an ls1 :)

someday...sweet jesus...someday

That's fine. I'm halfway done buying metal to build myself a completely new frame for the white MJ out of 1/4 wall box tube, and my other one is damn near rust free and will never see salt again.

All the other ones (M715, M816, J20) have a hell of a solid frame under them from the factory, heck, I believe the M816 frame is either 3/8 or 1/2 plate. If that rusts in half, it means I need to stop driving it in the ocean.

Once I have more land I might pick up another few MJs to restore and sell, but don't really need more.

I've owned a few in the 7 years I've been driving.

94 grand Prix GTP
93 Chevy rcsb with a 383 stroker
2001 xj
2001 Ram 1500
2002 bonneville
1996 xj
1988 mj
1996 xj
2000 xj
1997 f two fiddy

The last five were in the last year and a half

68 Baja bug
75 dart
73 Dart
67 Buick LaSabere
70 Audi 100
90 YJ
78 Cherokee chief
97 ZJ
89 XJ
97 Caviler convertible (turd)
91 XJ
05 Dodge 3500 CTD (only one I bought new)
97 XJ

Presently own
00 outback (turd)
00 Toyota Camry (best car I've owned)
01 XJ (turd)

Quite a few MWC guys going to Moab :D gonna be a great time! ;) I shall bring apple pie and wheeler, Mac, Sean, and Justin knows about my apple pie! And if you're coming to WF'13 ill have some there too

Back