• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

well the pic thread from the first RHOTR is still up over there you could see if they match... i was perusing it the other day looking at old pics of whats soon to be the body for my next rig ;)

You'll be happy with that body, it's rust free.

parts are tough to find, when my stepdad's mom passed she left him a cabinet record player/radio from the late 40's we took it down to chattanooga where there is a guy who restores them, theyre getting a full resto on it but the tubes are hard to track down from what i hear

Check the thread, no tubes in that cabinet, purely mechanical. It dates very likely to 1919 or 1920, Victrola's patents on lateral recording ran out in 1917 and there was a flood of new companies making players in that time frame.

Here's a picture of the guts that make it work.
escapement.jpg

Sound is reproduced by a simple needle that vibrates a mica film, it's then fed down into a horn underneath, there's a simple shutter to control volume.

DSCF1277.jpg

I've located new needles and mica for the feedhorn, I also found the patent drawings for the broken auto stop mechanism, so I'm fully on the path to making this thing sound and work as good as it did in the 20's.

Waterloo, IL.... is there anything there??? I have to make an overnite run down there.

They have an "animal swap meet" every so often............yes, I'm serious.

LINK to details.

made some sweet corn and home grown beef burgers all on the grill tonight and enjoyed washing it all down with some Spotted Cow compliments of Steve :thumbup:

watched the storm roll south of us and had fun just chillin in the shop with my boy and trying to explain the ways of nature...and peeing outside.

mmm... spotted cow on tap tonight. It was a good deal, I just have to get up for work in six hours. Priorities! It's alright, I'm blowing my sales out of the water so far.

gotta do a full out brake job, i brought the parts home in case i get the motivation to do it tonight but i think i might go out drinking instead, original plan was to drink while working on the jeep but a good friends wife birthday is tonight and there throwing a big bonfire soooo...........

Ya know....

Combine this.. with the recent uptick in sheep talk and the new truck driving gig. And you are starting to show some disturbing trends...

I'm just livin' the dream man!

Had both Waggies out today on a K & I 4wheelers pick up run.

Both took some good carnage. Lost Tessa's muffler, and her rear bumper is jammed into the rear hatch so you can't open it. Then she took out her front dual heardlight brackets and marker light on a tree that would not get out of her way.

I lost my rear window. Had the waggy leaned into a tree (hobags roof sliders would have been great there) then as I scraped down the side of it The back right window Popped. Nick you have a PM about your Plexi glass set up. Unless someone wants to come over and experiment with the rear chop lol.

Had fun but first time I have really taken some carnage to the jeeps. On a side note atleast I can upgrade the broke stuff now.

poorboy87 and i had a close call today. cruisin down 37 a huge hornet flew in the window. after a 60mph bail into the median tim saved the day and all was well.

Yup that was pretty comical. A little scary goin down the interstate swattin at it with hats.
Jeep got hot on the trip down to the bedrock. 65 on those hills and hollers is a lil rough on the ol girl. Fan clutch Coolant temp sensor and Temperature sender are in order this week. Temp gauge has been acting funny for a while and im sure the temp sender is anchient and the fan clutch is loose and has you can see where the oil has leaked out of it.

Got back from holiday world with the GF today. Those wood coasters are the sheet.

Found needles and the stuff to rebuild the tonearm in mah record player.

going to sound good as new for $20!

Now I've just got to sort out these patent drawings and make a new piece for the autostop mechanism.

I saw Hale on the Xbox late at night, but he was playing that queer team deathmatch stuff. Make the move to Hardcore Hale!

Had both Waggies out today on a K & I 4wheelers pick up run.

Both took some good carnage. Lost Tessa's muffler, and her rear bumper is jammed into the rear hatch so you can't open it. Then she took out her front dual heardlight brackets and marker light on a tree that would not get out of her way.

I lost my rear window. Had the waggy leaned into a tree (hobags roof sliders would have been great there) then as I scraped down the side of it The back right window Popped. Nick you have a PM about your Plexi glass set up. Unless someone wants to come over and experiment with the rear chop lol.

Had fun but first time I have really taken some carnage to the jeeps. On a side note atleast I can upgrade the broke stuff now.

Do I foresee a sawzall party at the Badlands?
:party:

BOB

Found needles and the stuff to rebuild the tonearm in mah record player.

going to sound good as new for $20!

Now I've just got to sort out these patent drawings and make a new piece for the autostop mechanism.

I saw Hale on the Xbox late at night, but he was playing that queer team deathmatch stuff. Make the move to Hardcore Hale!

I was playing Hardcore TDM. I can't stand to play anything else. I've not been doing very well at any of it the past week or so.
Been doing alot of Search & Destroy here lately.

poorboy87 and i had a close call today. cruisin down 37 a huge hornet flew in the window. after a 60mph bail into the median tim saved the day and all was well.
Had that happen on the way to jeepman401's place a month or two ago for an engine swap party, bailed into the emergency lane, fortunately it hadn't gotten pissed off yet when I came to a stop. I had a couple FSMs with me so I picked one up and waited for it to land on the other, after a while it did so I demolished it with one strike and kept driving.

in one week i'll be tonsiless...

two weeks of recovery time...should be online a lot...

mac 'gonna go nuts' gyvr

mac 'gonna go nuts' gyvr

they say the recovery is worse the older you get..... i was on the couch for three weeks when i was fifteen and had them out..... good luck :laugh3:

short "7 years tonsil free" xjdoug

mac 'gonna go nuts' gyvr

Now how are you and Grace gonna play tonsil hockey? I guess you will win everytime now :D

Back