• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Nate,

I found out that the wire hanging, that I thought went to my Rock Light, was actually a power line to my remote fuse block!! damn..everybody was right, I was wrong..... so what else is new? LOL :doh:

everything works fine and dandy...inluding my rock light.

BOB

yeah, had I seen that earlier I would have checked that out.
still going to rewire that thing back there?
I really think you should operate that ditribution block from a relay, it depends on what load you have, but if you're running the rock lights off of it then you could be pulling 12-15 amps for the lights, plus whatever other it running from it.
Anyway, glad that it's all working, it's no worse for the wear, other than my splice in your CB power wire.

I say when you get that truck fixed you put a sticker on it that says XXXX Blands Auto and Sturgis Garage.

Hey Brendan check out this fuel pressure sensor kit for your lift pump. http://www.mwfi.com/VP44_Accesories.htm Can't fix the already broken one but it'll prevent future ones from killing the fuel pump!

Good luck with this. You'd think you would have some recourse since you bought it from a dealer instead of a random schmuck, but in my experience it's hard to get them to do anything. If your warranty covers half of it, consider yourself lucky. Maybe they knew it had problems when they sold it, but then again maybe they didn't, crap like this does happen from time to time. Your odds of getting them to take the truck back are between slim and none, I tried that with a Trans Am I bought and got the runaround from everyone there. They'd much rather have your cash than have that truck back.

If you think you got swindled and they intentionally deceived you, tell your BBB about it. You did get at least some warranty though and they're covering half which is better than most dealers would give you on an older vehicle, and way better than a random dude on craigslist would give you. I'm sorry, I know it sucks, the only way to get worry free ownership is to drop $30k (minimum) on a new one at the dealer.

Thanks guys!

Talked to the garage again today, apparently the injection pump (the expensive one is bad too). So it looks like I have about a $1000 shop bill, plus the computer, and plus the aftermarket pump. I bought an aftermarket pump, told the one owner that I didn't want a stock pump put on. The other owner went ahead and told the shop to put on a stock pump anyways. That same owner tried to tell me he wouldn't pay for my aftermarket "shit" after his brother, the other co-owner, told me they would. He was misinformed and made himself look like an ass on the phone. I talked face-to-face with the both of them the owner back tracked all over himself and took back everything he said on the phone in a round-about kind of way.

He then went on to tell me that I shouldn't have been as involved in the ordeal. I guess I shouldn't have talked to my car salesman, who then told me to go to one of the owners, who then told me to talk to the garage about a part. Finally I talked to the actual owner, or finally told me that I shouldn't have talked to all these people and that I made it too complicated. (Which is funny because I did exactly what the representatives of his company told me to do.) A few choice cuss words were exchanged between parties and now I guess I owe $1000 to the shop, and they may or may not my extend my warranty.

(Sorry this is so long, and probably not well written, but I am in a shitty mood and had to kind of rant for a minute).

Yup.... vent. Sounds like you need it.

A rebuilt VP44 3 years ago cost me $1,800 just for the pump (no installation.) The Dodge dealer was asking $2,800 plus installation. If you're getting an installed pump for $1,000, that's not all bad AS LONG AS YOU TRUST THEM TO INSTALL IT RIGHT.

Personally, I hate those lamp-only pressure kits. By the time it lights up, it's too late. Get a gauge, you'll have some warning before the lift pump goes completely.

IIRC, the Raptor is a belt driven pump off the crankshaft, right? You'll still need an electric lift pump for startup.

So instead of the $1000 bill plus computer plus aftermarket pump are you just looking at a flat $1000 and possibly an extended warranty? If they do that and you can get another 30 days of warranty out of it... that's not really a bad deal.

Still sucks to drop that kind of coin on a truck and then more on repairs right away, but it sounds like they're at least trying to work with you a little, maybe.

Thanks guys!

Talked to the garage again today, apparently the injection pump (the expensive one is bad too). So it looks like I have about a $1000 shop bill, plus the computer, and plus the aftermarket pump. I bought an aftermarket pump, told the one owner that I didn't want a stock pump put on. The other owner went ahead and told the shop to put on a stock pump anyways. That same owner tried to tell me he wouldn't pay for my aftermarket "shit" after his brother, the other co-owner, told me they would. He was misinformed and made himself look like an ass on the phone. I talked face-to-face with the both of them the owner back tracked all over himself and took back everything he said on the phone in a round-about kind of way.

He then went on to tell me that I shouldn't have been as involved in the ordeal. I guess I shouldn't have talked to my car salesman, who then told me to go to one of the owners, who then told me to talk to the garage about a part. Finally I talked to the actual owner, or finally told me that I shouldn't have talked to all these people and that I made it too complicated. (Which is funny because I did exactly what the representatives of his company told me to do.) A few choice cuss words were exchanged between parties and now I guess I owe $1000 to the shop, and they may or may not my extend my warranty.

(Sorry this is so long, and probably not well written, but I am in a shitty mood and had to kind of rant for a minute).

Just some FYI here......

My gasser is still chugging along just fine. No problems at all.
:D:D:D:D

Hale "salt in the wound" Yes

:jester:

Thanks guys! I guess I'm not getting all that bad of a deal on it. It's just cash that I don't have to spend at all. I was almost completely free from debt from the parents, which is why I was looking for a truck of my own. But this has put me right back in the hole.

If I could though, I would return the truck to them and search for a different one. They told me that they can't take the truck back because they already paid the sales tax which is not refundable. (BUT i just called the department of revenue who told me that, that is false and gave me the articles and information I needed to prove them wrong about it). So if they do end up replacing the pumps and it still does not work, I will bring up this information to them and go look for a different truck.

yeah, had I seen that earlier I would have checked that out.
still going to rewire that thing back there?
I really think you should operate that ditribution block from a relay, it depends on what load you have, but if you're running the rock lights off of it then you could be pulling 12-15 amps for the lights, plus whatever other it running from it.
Anyway, glad that it's all working, it's no worse for the wear, other than my splice in your CB power wire.

The day of WF, I felt trying to explain my rats nest of wires would have taken too much time. Thats why I figured direct wiring was best.

I have the Painless Remote fuse block with two relays and two circuit breakers. I will switch the connections over some day soon.

BOB

Thanks guys! I guess I'm not getting all that bad of a deal on it. It's just cash that I don't have to spend at all. I was almost completely free from debt from the parents, which is why I was looking for a truck of my own. But this has put me right back in the hole.

If I could though, I would return the truck to them and search for a different one. They told me that they can't take the truck back because they already paid the sales tax which is not refundable. (BUT i just called the department of revenue who told me that, that is false and gave me the articles and information I needed to prove them wrong about it). So if they do end up replacing the pumps and it still does not work, I will bring up this information to them and go look for a different truck.

Sorry for all your issues... but you have made me feel ALOT better about deciding against a Dodge or diesel now... Plus cruising town in a Waggy is about 19 million times cooler than a diesel pick-up.

Just some FYI here......

My gasser is still chugging along just fine. No problems at all.
:D:D:D:D

Hale "salt in the wound" Yes

:jester:

My $4k 96 Chevy is too.... :wave1:

Plus cruising town in a Waggy is about 19 million times cooler than a diesel pick-up.

BTDT and I agree.

Been on-call for fire since last week. Finally got called out for a shift tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Started the new part time job tonight. It's the local liquor store. All kinds of tasty imports to try. Think I'm going to start with the Sam Adams sample pack and then move on to the Blvd sample pack.

Parakeet

you live in KC...there should be plenty of Blvd to drink there! So technically I guess Blvd and Sam Adams are not an import unless you meant imported into the state of Kansas :D Both are tasty none the less!

Well technically they aren't imports but they are in the import/microbrew section. So I'll just call them an import. I can't belive how much crap they have now. I think there are 10 different flavors of Smirnoff vodka. Last time I worked in a liquor shop there were 2.

Parakeet

Got my front windows tinted to match today, thanks to the gift card my dad bought me. Its about to get an oil change in a few minutes. I LOVE THIS WEATHER but I shoulda got the windows tinted earlier. Now its awesome out and I can't roll my windows down until saturday! :bawl:

Got my front windows tinted to match today, thanks to the gift card my dad bought me. Its about to get an oil change in a few minutes. I LOVE THIS WEATHER but I shoulda got the windows tinted earlier. Now its awesome out and I can't roll my windows down until saturday! :bawl:

Well, good. Now when you bust one out at Redbird it'll act sort of like safety glass. The tint will hold it together a little bit. :thumbup:

Back