• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Welcome to the world of high speed interwebz Mikey! :D
Well I had "high speed" before in the form of a cable modem from a local co-op. 756k was maxed out. Which was OK for just surfing forums. BUT, when I started getting kicked off of xBox LIVE due to connection quality.....that's where I drew the line. I couldn't even watch a video on LIVE with out it stopping 5-6 times to load. So, Netflix was a no-go...as well as Zune.

Now, I can do it all with Verizon. According to speedtest.net I'm getting right as what Verizon promised me. 3Meg.

756k/sec? I was getting close to double that on DSL where I used to rent. 20mbps down on a cable hookup at the house now.

Well I had "high speed" before in the form of a cable modem from a local co-op. 756k was maxed out. Which was OK for just surfing forums. BUT, when I started getting kicked off of xBox LIVE due to connection quality.....that's where I drew the line. I couldn't even watch a video on LIVE with out it stopping 5-6 times to load. So, Netflix was a no-go...as well as Zune.

Now, I can do it all with Verizon. According to speedtest.net I'm getting right as what Verizon promised me. 3Meg.

I checked mine, I am getting about 3megs for upload and 9 for download. Comcast ain't yanking my chain either.

49.2K here at the parents.

Yup thats right! I make do, but when I sit in the front room with my laptop I can sometimes pick up the neighbors wireless. Good thing I'm not attached to the internetz like some people are.

756k/sec? I was getting close to double that on DSL where I used to rent. 20mbps down on a cable hookup at the house now.

"Up to 768 kbps download/256 kbps upload."

Key words are "up to"
It was never even close to that.

I think their main thing was old equipment.......just a guess though.

For me, Verizon is cheaper AND faster. So, it was a no brainer.

MNike, dont let that new internet wear you out before Winterfest...you will need both hands available there to help out :D

My wife's last day at the local cable company is tomorrow, so our free ride of high speed interwebz, cable TV and phone service is over.

We will probably go Dish for TV and internet, don't really need a house phone, but it was free.

Last edited:
just realized that I have to pay taxes tomorrow...I was just getting to the point that I thought I had better things to spend that $3000 on...

Josh, Rev: I wouldn't know what to do if my internet was that fast.

I'm in podunk southern Illinois. That might have something to do with it.
Flora was the first to get the internet in southern IL............2 years ago.

Josh, Rev: I wouldn't know what to do if my internet was that fast.

I'm in podunk southern Illinois. That might have something to do with it.
Flora was the first to get the internet in southern IL............2 years ago.

I cheated, I'm at work.

I get 5 mbps down at home. Charter wants 10 extra bucks a month to release the speed limit. Speed test jumps right up to 5 and stays there.

On the way to Indy shortly to meet browncountyxj so we can go get the jeep from the scrapyard. Part out thread coming soon guys! :D

Wife got me a gun safe for my birthday, its just one of the stackons (not fire or water proof) but will keep the kid (and anyone else) out of the guns.

just ordered a 22 conversion for the ar with my birfday money.

Wife got me a gun safe for my birthday, its just one of the stackons (not fire or water proof) but will keep the kid (and anyone else) out of the guns.

just ordered a 22 conversion for the ar with my birfday money.

That .22 conversion will save you a butt load of money for sure! I have a small safe I keep some paperwork and my Ammo in Don't have any young'n's running around my place though.

EVERYONE IS THANKFUL FOR THAT.

Yeah me too, I'd be more broke than I am now! :( Kids are awesome as long as they belong to someone else! :D

Back