• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So my 12yr old son got in trouble at school yesterday. I'm not going to go into details but it involved unwanted and inappropriate comments and actions with some of the girls in the class. His mother and I are livid seeing as we rasied him better than that. And after much tooth pulling (Figurative) we finally got an answer to "why he would think those actions were acceptable." His answer was "because I don't know how to flirt."

I'm more suprised I got what I feel is a straight answer, but now I don't know what to do. It's been a long time since I was 12 and I wasn't a ladies man at that age, or this one for that matter, so I thought I would bring this up to you guys to see what you thought.

And for those that are for corpral punishment, I haven't been able to lay a hand on him out of fear that if I did his head would still be sitting in the chair while the rest of him is landing on the neighbors house.

What say you?

Parakeet

If he's being straight with you, be straight with him. And if it does come down to punishment, there are alternatives to corporal punishment. Figure out what motivates HIM, and use that. Some good friends down in IL have a 5 year old daughter, and pretty much all Pete has to do is say "I'm rather disappointed in you after what you did" and her behaviour changes immediately. Motivation, man, motivation.

He has some other issues at work that complicate this situation, but I'm not going into details.

I guess the answer I got from him suprised me. So really I guess my question boils down to how do I teach a 12yr old how to flirt appropriatly? :dunno:

Parakeet

Teach him how to be respectful about someone else's space and how important it is to treat another girl.

He doesn't need a class on how to flirt with girls, he needs some education on how to be respectful of women. Focus on that and the inappropriate stuff will stop.

The teasing, on the other hand, will continue. All 12 yr old boys like to snap bra straps, etc. That's how we learn to develop relationships. As long as he's not doing/saying things that go over the top, he'll be fine.

Teach him how to be respectful about someone else's space and how important it is to treat another girl.

Focus on that and the inappropriate stuff will stop.

Well put Josh, could not have said it any better myself....

a little respect goes a long ways...as does charm, but there is plenty of time to learn the charm part :D

Another NFL player that was "just turning his life around" bites the dust...

R.I.P. Chris Henry

mac 'Bengals receiver' gyvr

So sad... Chris Henry dead at 26. Such a waste...Just couldn't get his life together.

R.I.P. Chris Henry#15

Nick

Thoughts and Prays to his family

Well, got the beater home. Found the crack behind the steering box. Well, it turns out a couple weeks ago he was in the woods and took a hard turn and POP. the frame cracked about 4-6 inches behind the steering box from not having a crossmember. Big Hank is gonna take a peek at it and see what he can do. I don't think it'll be a problem for him to fix.

got a chance to meet vincepru this evening..he made the 2.5 hour trek to the shop and we swapped in a 8.25, a new rear drive shaft and his CB. He is a cool kid and greatful for the help, that always makes a project more enjoyable. He just left a few minutes ago to head back to KC...ahhh, youth is something I miss..I am off to bed :D

We got "pounded" with about 3/4 inch...

I'm sure the roads are shut down...

Robert

Hell, most of those poeple over there can't drive when its Dry! :eek:

22 degrees, overcast skies and no precipitation in the upper western Midwest (okay, on the edge of the plains.)

Back