• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I dislike the lack of public land in central Wisconsin versus how if you leave a roadway in the U.P. there's the 95% chance your on public land. And I am not about to start doing illegal things of that nature. That is all.

I dislike the lack of public land in central Wisconsin versus how if you leave a roadway in the U.P. there's the 95% chance your on public land. And I am not about to start doing illegal things of that nature. That is all.

No more school in the UP? eh
That sucks I'm going to be getting another 5 accounts up near Houghton soon.

Got another delivery jeep today. Drove it around for a bit, kinda felt like going back in time.

000_0046.jpg

000_0044.jpg

No more school in the UP? eh
That sucks I'm going to be getting another 5 accounts up near Houghton soon.

Correct, but I'll always be attached to that place. So much to do and see and explore (read: camping, and just getting away). And I just recently started freelancing for a website that is solely dedicated to the documentation of the copper industry that once was (1840 thru ~1978) and the preservation of that history. From my current location, assuming decent non-weekend traffic, it'll only be 4 hours to Hoton versus 3.25 from Green Bay.

PS: I still wanna run that one trail with you.

I really like that parts delivery rig Trav..oh, and your rig too :D If I buy a nice late model to build, it would be what you just bought..same color and all :thumbup:

Got another delivery jeep today. Drove it around for a bit, kinda felt like going back in time.

000_0046.jpg

000_0044.jpg

God, I love your Jeep Travis! :worship:

here is what Vegas has to say about my beloved Bears.
We're going to prove them wrond and take their money!

Odds on the team to win 2010 NFC North Division - 9/13 1:00PM (EST)
6085 Minnesota Vikings +150
6086 Chicago Bears +185
6087 Green Bay Packers +225
6088 Detroit Lions +1500

This is what matters, not what people say on TV or in the newspaper. If you put 100 on the Vikings to win the north, and they do you get back 150, if not you lose 100. If you put 100 on the Lions to win the north and they do, you win 1500 and so forth. This is real money odds.

BOB

Right on Brad. Sorry I could not be of any help on this.

BUT

You can buy mine for $10k and just run that.

Rev
Bring it out, run it with a For Sale sign.

No rocks in the course :cool:

Got a phone call from our neighbor yesterday and he is wanting to sell his farm that surrounds my house. This is a once in a life time opportunity for the price he shot me on it including a 50x70 Morton building/machine shed, a decent old barn with full working facilities/corrals. It would end up allowing me to own all the ground around our house from one highway to the next and as far north as I can see (mainly due to the topography of the land :D). Now here is the kicker..I m not sure if I can make it cash flow since it is primarly pasture and timber. Excellent hunting and decent for running cattle on, but if it wont cash flow it is a bit harder to make work on paper.....so I woudl have to add additional funds to it each month just to own it...that is the bitch of opportunity costs....and I sure as hell dont want someone else moving their baby blue trailer house in next to me...especially someone like Mike Hale. So, dont be surprised if you all see my XJ trail rig, trailer, and 97 XJ all coming for sale in the next few weeks...

Dang Tyler the XJ??? Think I would sell the nacho machine before the jeep.:D

What ever you decide hope it works out for you...

Good Luck

Nick

Got a phone call from our neighbor yesterday and he is wanting to sell his farm that surrounds my house. This is a once in a life time opportunity for the price he shot me on it including a 50x70 Morton building/machine shed, a decent old barn with full working facilities/corrals. It would end up allowing me to own all the ground around our house from one highway to the next and as far north as I can see (mainly due to the topography of the land :D). Now here is the kicker..I m not sure if I can make it cash flow since it is primarly pasture and timber. Excellent hunting and decent for running cattle on, but if it wont cash flow it is a bit harder to make work on paper.....so I woudl have to add additional funds to it each month just to own it...that is the bitch of opportunity costs....and I sure as hell dont want someone else moving their baby blue trailer house in next to me...especially someone like Mike Hale. So, dont be surprised if you all see my XJ trail rig, trailer, and 97 XJ all coming for sale in the next few weeks...

Put in a wheeling park and charge people admission. There is your cashflow.

That has honestly crossed my mind, but I am in a glacial till area and there are not hardly any rocks anywhere to be found and the wheeling would be marginal at best due to the lay of the land.

I am hoping that I wont have to start to liquidate my toys just to afford it. I have been working today with a fellow at farm Credit Services and I believe that I can use the equity in my house to act towards a down payment on the new farm since they both adjoin each other and if that works I can refinance on a 25yr fixed and combine the house and current property with the new farm. That my friend would be sweet.

And Nick...how dare you even mention getting rid of the cheese :D

Last edited:
Back