• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i would never do that...

mark would get jealous :laugh3:

Looks like I am going full width, found a guy selling a hp 44 (78 ford bronco) along with the 9" rear and all steering components and brakes for $350.

BRIANHO13 said:
Looks like I am going full width, found a guy selling a hp 44 (78 ford bronco) along with the 9" rear and all steering components and brakes for $350.

Nice - that is the deal that i got on mine

be warned though - that front end will only work with ford style radius arms...

there will be no cutting of brackets and re-welding...

XJ_ranger said:

As long as its been done before I can do it.....If not, oh well I'm not skeerd

169x

1698 -

1699 -
Events

[edit]

Births

[edit]

Deaths

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!

post 1700!!!!!!!!

1700.gif

you truly are a whore. i imagine its something like throwing a hot dog down a hallway

I'll take an hour.
Recent Redbird trip:
102_1741.jpg

XJ_ranger said:

I have the same style front axle (big-azz RA mounts) and, if you're not narrowing it, those mounts would make a real nice platform to weld to.
Just machine them down to a flat surface and weld whatever style mounts you want. (Standard rules apply for welding cast STEEL)
Ideal for LA setup.

Now if you're narrowing it, welcome to my hell.

kid4lyf said:
I have the same style front axle (big-azz RA mounts) and, if you're not narrowing it, those mounts would make a real nice platform to weld to.
Just machine them down to a flat surface and weld whatever style mounts you want. (Standard rules apply for welding cast STEEL)
Ideal for LA setup.

Now if you're narrowing it, welcome to my hell.

good call - one other noteworthy mention -

SillyNeck on Pirate4x4 has an early bronco on 39.5's with the same front end we are talking about - instead of cutting the wedges off, or grinding them flat, he used the clamp part of the radius arm and welded his UCA pocket to what used to be the spring cup and welded his LCA pocket on where the radius arm used to exit off the back of the clamp...

i dont know what the radius arms are made of, but it might be easier to weld to thoes...

XJ_ranger said:
good call - one other noteworthy mention -

SillyNeck on Pirate4x4 has an early bronco on 39.5's with the same front end we are talking about - instead of cutting the wedges off, or grinding them flat, he used the clamp part of the radius arm and welded his UCA pocket to what used to be the spring cup and welded his LCA pocket on where the radius arm used to exit off the back of the clamp...

i dont know what the radius arms are made of, but it might be easier to weld to thoes...

I was thinking it would be easier to extend the ford arms a few inches, make new mounts on the xj for them and wrist the pass side if need be......Thoughts on this? Of course this is all speculation right now, I have to get them in my possesion before any final plans are made. I will not be narrowing them!

Back