• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Finally done planting corn this year and now we are off to go wheeling today. Could not have got it all done before the rain w/o some good help :thumbup:

Went wheelin today at a place called Drakes Farm in Hardin County, Ky. Had a blast but wished I was more built. Forgot my camera again one of these day I will bring it. Eric (96 XJ Sport) brought his hopefully he got a few pics.

Carnage: Lost the passenger side Mirror, prolly earned a few dents in the the front diff cover, have to clean the mud off to see though.

I had a great time! Thanks for inviting me, Rob. Pics posting in a few minutes to my intro/DA/first wheelin trip thread.

Rolled back into the driveway after a flying run to deliver a washer & dryer. 740 miles, 20 hours, including a stop to hoist a :beer: with 97XJ2.

Rolled back into the driveway after a flying run to deliver a washer & dryer. 740 miles, 20 hours, including a stop to hoist a :beer: with 97XJ2.

That must be a really good washer and dryer.

Started the clean-up from the Cliff's trip yesterday...

Looks like the altenator is toast. The cracked hatch will be fine for now. My spare tire carrier needs welding again(by someone that knows what they are doing this time). The gas tank is gonna be toast.

My interior got filled with water... Actually doesnt smell too bad... but I have previously undiscovered holes in the floor pans. So it looks like I will be putting some of those in...

But when its not soaking wet.. the Cliff's can actually be quite a bit of fun. Enough mud in places to make some really easy spots quite a bit tougher.

Changing a trailer tire alongside I-80 in Memorial day weekend traffic with a Hi-lift that wants to argue is no fun......

And an XJ will still outwheel a CJ with a V-8 anytime of the day...

Last edited:
That must be a really good washer and dryer.
Gave away the washer & dryer that came with the house my g/f & I just bought. We already had a better set. We gave the older set to a good friend's daughter. Call it karma.

made a whirlwind 550+ mile trip to southern OH (Piketon, OH) to see a college buddy get married (another one bites the dust) between noon saturday and sunday afternoon (with a stop to see family in Muncie, IN)...

realized the megacab gets 20 mpg (hand calculated) nearly empty at 70 mph with no trailer...making the empty crusin range of over 600 miles!

mac 'then worked tonight' gyvr

Went wheeling yesterday at a local offroad park and came across this guy. It was a early 90's Ford Explorer w/ @ 8" of lift and full widths under it. He was straddling a very deep crevis and the side wall of the ditch collapsed and wedged him in this spot. They worked for a couple of hours trying to get the rig un-stuck and then we got bored and left. I am usually not one to leave a person stuck, but about 25 onlookers and other wheelers showed up and next thing we knew someone had brought back a few coolers of beer and the advice was getting out of hand. Booze, wheeling, winches, CHAINS!, rope and no common sense was a receipe for disaster, so I packed up the family and got the hell out of there. I told the park owner when we were leaving that they might want to take a look at what was going on in the "back 40".

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

Hey, Mac...... didja get a text message from CMK today? Da boy has spawned yet again. :D

<growf> One of the neighbors knocked on the door tonight while I was making dinner. Apparently, somebody was bicycling down the drive, and check vehicles for unlocked doors. The local po-po already picked up a couple of perps for B&E's here a couple of weeks ago, and the mailboxes have been getting lifted as well. Guess it's time to put in a couple of motion sensitive lights, and maybe a wireless camera.

First paycheck of the summer cleared on friday and bills have been paid, now to prioritize what needs to be done to the Jeep, list is longer than I thought but shocks are on the very top of that list. The thing leans pretty bad in a crosswind on the highway. Got a few good spooks on the highway coming home from Hurley. Traffic was bumper to bumper from Minocqua to Rhinelander on Hwy 51 and doing 20 mph. Good that you could stop Jeff, looked like you could have used the pitstop.

Just about the perfect place to stop for dinner, Brian. Made it home with no issues.

Hey, Mac...... didja get a text message from CMK today? Da boy has spawned yet again. :D

<growf> One of the neighbors knocked on the door tonight while I was making dinner. Apparently, somebody was bicycling down the drive, and check vehicles for unlocked doors. The local po-po already picked up a couple of perps for B&E's here a couple of weeks ago, and the mailboxes have been getting lifted as well. Guess it's time to put in a couple of motion sensitive lights, and maybe a wireless camera.

I have a bunch of cameras, but my system is wired. I still have to add a couple more cameras. I can add 7 more :shhh: Between the cameras, neighbors and my 4 dogs I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to mess around here. The dogs are: 1 female Rotty/Pitbull (132 lbs) 2 Sharpia/Pitbull and their two pups, one 11 month old, one 5 month old. :eek: I guess if they can't read the Beware of Dog sign they might try but it would be pretty stupid. As my GF found out, the dogs can get in the back door of the house even if it is locked :doh: They know her but still pinned her to the wall until I came home, but hey she is a blonde and doesn't listen well :)

JS

I did get the text, he is not competing with us directly this year due to the kid, but is the "behind the scene" guy for our rock racing team.

...on a side note i had the fire dept at the house last night...seems someone didn't appreciate the tree debris i was burning in the back yard...thankfully the city ordinance states that you can only open burn for a cooking fire...so thankfully we were just getting ready to 'cook' the hotdogs as the fire dept arrived...

mac 'never a dull moment around here' gyvr

O yeah, my lady friend had to drive the Jeep this weekend without me. Told her to not let the "clunk" (locker loading and un-loading) worry her. Comes back and tells me it scared the crap out of her. I laughed :D

I hear yah. Helped the future in-laws open their in- ground that has not been used in 5 years. Lets just say frogs and tadpoles galore. My daughter now has about 200 tadpoles swimming in my 55 gallon tank.

P.S. Taking them home was not my idea. My perch and crappies have been making meals of them though lol.

Found this video on my camera from Sundays wheeling trip to a local park. This is Jeremy (97Country). For those of you who dont know him, he was with me at WF this year. It is suprising that he only blew out a drivers side u-joint :D I dont think that he really expected it to get that much air. It is funny to hear an onlooker in the back ground of the video. They are saying something like "go faster"...enjoy

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd143/XJ_TJ4ME/Memorial%20Day%20009/?action=view&current=MOV01627.flv

Back