• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I was talking to him about and gave him a few idears. I hope he can get it out. It is the same guy that just posted a new guy thread up down below.

He should be a 242 in then he wouldn't have to worry about a SYE yet lol.

Hey, I just sent you another PM before I saw this. You and your 242s...lol. I haven't tried to back it out slowly with a hammer and punch as somebody suggested above, but that sounds like a good idea. I also thought about getting a good pair of snap ring pliers, that way I'm putting torque on two of the grooves in the tap instead of just one. What do you think?

Got this in a PM this morning. I have no clue what to tell the guy. We are supposed to go wheelin tomorrow anyone got some Idea's

The only thing I can think of is to try drilling it out with a torch on it.

Remove shaft, sinker EDM, learn how to tap...:)

Remove shaft, sinker EDM, learn how to tap...:)

I know, I'm a DA :banghead: It was my first time and I learned a valuable lesson...stop tapping when you run out of hole lol. I realize that I probably just got myself nominated. I'm going to try backing it out first with hammer and punch or maybe some snap ring pliers.

I know, I'm a DA :banghead: It was my first time and I learned a valuable lesson...stop tapping when you run out of hole lol. I realize that I probably just got myself nominated. I'm going to try backing it out first with hammer and punch or maybe some snap ring pliers.

now that is sig worthy...:D

BOB

Sorry.... there is the difference. Doing something dumb once is okay. Doing it over and over and expecting a different outcome is nomination worthy.

If you've got access to a stick welder, you may be able to tack a flag on the tap to turn it back out.

The 85 waggy is taking duty this weekend. Been four years since it has wheeled. Pictures to come later if I get a chance.

And the squirrels earn their keep yet again. :D

Just got in from 2 days straight of planting corn around the clock. Rain coming in tomorrow and I have only about 60 acres left. Gotta get some sleepy tonight. The rows started getting a bit crooked after 48 hours w/ no sleep :D Night night......

Replacing a hub and ball joint today. Finally taking a break for lunch, I was about to waste away. Ball joint is not cooperating. It's been in the same place for 13 years and it wants to stay for another 13.

Went wheelin today at a place called Drakes Farm in Hardin County, Ky. Had a blast but wished I was more built. Forgot my camera again one of these day I will bring it. Eric (96 XJ Sport) brought his hopefully he got a few pics.

Carnage: Lost the passenger side Mirror, prolly earned a few dents in the the front diff cover, have to clean the mud off to see though.

Started the (new to me) lift this afternoon, what a pain in the a$$ those control arm bolts are.

got a question:
how do you know if your oil pump is working or not?
My MJ (Renix) dies out occasionally.
it just dies. I coast to a stop and crank it.
It cranks and doesn't start. If I give it a few minutes, it starts
and I go on my way. It isn't electrical. I checked the grounds too.
Renix are notorious for sensor issues. but most of mine have been changed over the last few years.
I did notice the last time it did this, on my way home, that the oil
pressure on the dummy gauge was left of center. I never really payed
attentin to that gauge.
anybody have any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

BOB

sorry bout diddin up older posts.
when mine did that it was the ignition pick up. would start and run fine. die intermittenly. wait 5 min then fire right up. you might try that.

worked in my yard all day today.
cleaned my K&N filters in both the XJ and MJ.

BOB

Back