• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

IL may have King Dick, but at least there's drinkable beer.

You just need to know where to look.
Lar, Brad, Oky, Jeff, and my self have woke up many a hang over in Utah.....

Are you forgetting someone?

I've probably had more hangovers there than rest of you put together!
Well, maybe not you, Sean :D

And my homebrew has been responsible for quite a few more.

for some reason that does not surprise me :D We have had to "bootleg" our own beer to the marathon b/c my father in law always drinks a beer after a marathon. So I can not break his ritual, he has ran like 15-20 marathons and is damnn near 60 and still running them! :cheers:

I lived in Utah for a year.
the best view....

was from my rearview mirror, headed out of state.

BOB

X2

Lived there for just over a year. Had to work in the Provo, Orem area. I lived on the outskirts of Murray. I hated the drive and seen at least one accident a day. They drive like they're mad there. Took a transfer to NE Wisconsin and a $2.00 raise to go to the Northwoods. Been happy ever since.

X2

Lived there for just over a year. Had to work in the Provo, Orem area. I lived on the outskirts of Murray. I hated the drive and seen at least one accident a day. They drive like they're mad there. Took a transfer to NE Wisconsin and a $2.00 raise to go to the Northwoods. Been happy ever since.

Yeah my cousin was working out there in the aeronautical industry as an engineer for a couple years. He transferred to Virginia to a plant that builds defense missles about a year ago. He is a big fan of beer so i'm sure that influenced his decision! :D

Speechless.

How can you be an outdoor enthusiast and choose the armpit of the nation over one of the most beautiful states in the country? :looser:

For better beer?
That's beyond pathetic :twak:

edit: On second thought, maybe that's actually the definitive Midwesterner.

You came from Utah to Illinois and consider it a step UP?! :gee:

ha, ha...you got a point.

actually, I moved to Florida from Utah.
five days in a U-haul.
1 wife, three kids, a dog and two cats.

BOB

How can you be an outdoor enthusiast and choose the armpit of the nation over one of the most beautiful states in the country? :looser:

For better beer?
That's beyond pathetic :twak:

edit: On second thought, maybe that's actually the definitive Midwesterner.[/quote]

you quickly learn to hate the mountains, or at least I did.
to get from point A to point B, you had to go around some f'n mountain.
go through some f'n canyon....it drives you nuts.
forget about geting good gas mileage.

I had gotten my CDL and had job training with a Union lined up
to drive a triple trailer. too bad it took me a f'n year` to finally get the job. Gt an offer in Florida and I was gone.

BOB

Last edited:
you quickly learn to hate the mountains, or at least I did.
to get from point A to point B, you had to go around some f'n mountain.
go through some f'n canyon....it drives you nuts.
forget about geting good gas mileage.

I had gotten my CDL and had job training with a Union lined up
to drive a triple trailer. too bad it took me a f'n year` to finally get the job. Gt an offer in Florida and I was gone.

BOB
I spent the longest three years of my life in Florida.
There's a reason why hell is always described as a hot place.

I spent the longest three years of my life in Florida.
There's a reason why hell is always described as a hot place.

It just goes to show you that happiness isn't where you live, it is how you live, wherever you may be.

My situation in Utah sucked...job, issues, family issues etc.

When I lived in Florida, I had a great job, family was together and happy. So I have fond memories of FLorida.

Illinois is the same thing...good job, good family, good XJ buddies...SO, I am happy and llinois is a good place for me.

BOB

It just goes to show you that happiness isn't where you live, it is how you live, wherever you may be.

My situation in Utah sucked...job, issues, family issues etc.

When I lived in Florida, I had a great job, family was together and happy. So I have fond memories of FLorida.

Illinois is the same thing...good job, good family, good XJ buddies...SO, I am happy and llinois is a good place for me.

BOB

I agree BOB. All the XJ guys in every other state are dim-whits.

I agree BOB. All the XJ guys in every other state are dim-whits.

I was thinking of one state in particular. Guess which one! :D

Live from Moab, UT. Sucks to not have either one of my Jeeps here with all of the sweet rigs in town. Staying here until Monday night, then driving to Grand Junction to catch an early flight home.

Back