• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Goooooood morning MWC! Sun is shinin', it's Friday and my arthritis isn't too bad...

Thinks it's going to be a good day! :cheers:

still raining here like a biatch! Had tornados that made national news from Wednesday night, and now they are calling for more of the same w/ alot more hail today. I am thinking about going into the mud racing business since I will never get a crop planted this year :D

Keep going its farther west! :D

:D:D Just ribbing ya Flex

still raining here like a biatch! Had tornados that made national news from Wednesday night, and now they are calling for more of the same w/ alot more hail today. I am thinking about going into the mud racing business since I will never get a crop planted this year :D

Yeah, that's what we're supposed to get later this afternoon. That's why I'm surprised my arthritis isn't bothering me...the drugs must be working.:roll:

I feel for you farmers at this time of year. Always a roll of the dice with the weather.

Maybe turn the field into a mud bog and charge for admission....it would at least help some?

Maybe turn the field into a mud bog and charge for admission....it would at least help some?

that is what we have toyed with. I have been discussing it with a local guy that is actually in a mud drag association and they favor the long flat mud drag strips for their events, so it would work great in the location I am thinking about. I also thought about working up a pit for those bozos that like to blast into big ol' mud pits. If they get stck I will use teh missle trucks to extract them at $20/pull :D Like I said, all in the thinking/planning phase right now. I am trying to find information out about insurance right now..which will more then likely ruin the whole thought! :D

HOLY LOG JAM!!! forget mud drags. My insurance agent literally laughed in my face! Not only about wanting to conduct mud drags and mud pits, but he also reminded me that if I claim crop insuranceon the said acres, I can not do anything with that ground to generate revenue until next year. So, back to the drawing board...maybe I will put in a pumpkin patch and invite Charlie Brown....oh brother! :D

New struts on the hatch the other night, almost busted myself in the face. Still rattles tho... so to attempt adjusting the stops. And I think my locker exacerbated some driveshaft issues. Still starts everyday so I can't complain too much, otherwise it might not start :D. I've got a long list of things that I wish to do to it this summer and a shorter time to do it.

XJ&TJ: What about if you had a waiver? Mudding events that I've been to up here just have you sign a waiver at the driveway that says the property owner isn't liable for damages etc, etc. I'm not totally clear on how all that works, but its an idea.

kind of talked briefly about waviers, but they are only worth the piece of paper they are one...which is really not much. We have entirely too much to risk w/o having full insurance to cover anything that may come about. Even w/ a good insurance policy there is still room for someone to try and come and sue you if somthing were to happen. Just not willing to risk anything to make a few bucks. I will just collect the minimal crop insurance payment on that ground and call it a loss :thumbdown:

What a *&%#&* day

Yesterday started out so promising.

The last hoses for the hydro steer would be in and hopefully I could get the thing up and running.
Well, the suction hose came in and the 90 degree fittings were clocked at 150 degrees apart like I asked for.

Just in the wrong direction.

So, I had to cut the hose in half and splice it together to make it work.

Tightened up the lines to the PS cooler and the cheap-ass cooler fitting ends almost twisted off.
Had to drain and pull the radiator, pull the fan to get the cooler off, buy a new (more expensive B&M) cooler and reinstall everything.

Started it all up and the pump is screaming. The steering works but something is definitely wrong.

Pulled the pump (of course, dumping all the hydraulic oil), opened it up and found lots of rough edges in the valving.

Ordered new pump.

Well, so the day isn't a total loss, I might as well install the new lower links.
Replace one at a time so everything will pretty much stay put, right?
Everything went smooth till I pulled the last one (front) and the axle shifted enough to allow the front driveshaft to pull out of the spines, swinging down and hitting me right on the ear.
1450 yoked driveshafts are heavy.

Yea Sean, that stream of obscenities you faintly heard coming from the southeast last night?

That was me.

Last edited:
That sucks man, sounds like I am not the only one with a bit of bad luck. What brand was the cooler that was junk?

Just CarQuest's "higher end" trans cooler.
I was using it because it had -6AN connectors instead of barb fittings.

Live from Moab, UT. Sucks to not have either one of my Jeeps here with all of the sweet rigs in town. Staying here until Monday night, then driving to Grand Junction to catch an early flight home.

think Randy lives in Grand Junction.(intrepidXJ)
He is a former MWC member.
here is his link http://www.myxj.net/blog/

if you have time, get in touch with him and hit a trail.

BOB

here is his link http://www.myxj.net/blog/

if you have time, get in touch with him and hit a trail.

BOB

Yep. If we had time I would definately look him up. We will only be in town for a few hours at night before our plane leaves at 6AM.

Looks like I'll be testing the beast at Attica Sunday.
If anyone has plans to go out let me know.

Wrongo!

Randy will always be a MWC member.:D

got a question:
how do you know if your oil pump is working or not?
My MJ (Renix) dies out occasionally.
it just dies. I coast to a stop and crank it.
It cranks and doesn't start. If I give it a few minutes, it starts
and I go on my way. It isn't electrical. I checked the grounds too.
Renix are notorious for sensor issues. but most of mine have been changed over the last few years.
I did notice the last time it did this, on my way home, that the oil
pressure on the dummy gauge was left of center. I never really payed
attentin to that gauge.
anybody have any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

BOB

BOB, I am not sure about the oil pump, but my first XJ was a Renix and it started doing the same thing and it ended up being the fuel pressure regulator in conjunction w/ a bad fuel filter. Just a thought.

on a side note, I ma not running on all cylinders today either.....went to a local tavern last night that had a hot dog eathing contest, and to top it off they were chili dogs! I ate 9 in 2 minutes. I got second place and the winner ate 10.5 and he kept his down...I threw mine up about 10 minutes later....mix that with a few beers and I am not feeling so well today. Wish I would have had somone take pictures of what I looked like when I was done. I may post up a pic of my shirt later...my wife was so proud when she had to come and pick me up :D

BOB, I am not sure about the oil pump, but my first XJ was a Renix and it started doing the same thing and it ended up being the fuel pressure regulator in conjunction w/ a bad fuel filter. Just a thought.

on a side note, I ma not running on all cylinders today either.....went to a local tavern last night that had a hot dog eathing contest, and to top it off they were chili dogs! I ate 9 in 2 minutes. I got second place and the winner ate 10.5 and he kept his down...I threw mine up about 10 minutes later....mix that with a few beers and I am not feeling so well today. Wish I would have had somone take pictures of what I looked like when I was done. I may post up a pic of my shirt later...my wife was so proud when she had to come and pick me up :D

what....no pictures???
:D

BOB

got a question:
how do you know if your oil pump is working or not?
My MJ (Renix) dies out occasionally.
it just dies. I coast to a stop and crank it.
It cranks and doesn't start. If I give it a few minutes, it starts
and I go on my way. It isn't electrical. I checked the grounds too.
Renix are notorious for sensor issues. but most of mine have been changed over the last few years.
I did notice the last time it did this, on my way home, that the oil
pressure on the dummy gauge was left of center. I never really payed
attentin to that gauge.
anybody have any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

BOB

The senders and stock guages are not the most reliable in the world. Check the wire running to your CPS. They have a nasty tendancy to get against the exhaust manifold and ground out intermittentaly.

Vacation going great so far.. Only thing on overtime next week is the MARGARITA MACHINE.

Life is Good

Nick

Back