• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

w_howey said:
Is that the same as the steam engine festival???

no stean engines here.
they do have a smaller scall railroad train that gives kids rides
just a small town thing with cool tractos

BOB

seanR said:
Antique tractors rock!
we had 5 of them in the Shirland parade.
Next year we will have 2 WD45s in tractor pulls.
We have all but 6 Allis Chalmers tractors made from 1915 to 1960.
If any one is in the area call and I will give you a tour of the tractor museum.

have you ever been to Penfield, Illinois to their tractor show? it is July 10-13 this year. its a pretty nice show. we go every year and then every other year at Rantoul, Illinois is the Half Century of progress. that's cool too, the next one will be next year. next year at penfield they are featuring AC tractors, we are taking at least one of ours, probablly the wd45 with the snap-coupler wheat drill. you should check out those shows if you have not been yet.

Penfield show: http://www.antiquefarm.org/mainsite/hist_farm_days/show_index.html
Rantoul show: http://www.halfcenturyofprogress.org/

Just priced out some steel for a little project. $7.75/Foot for .120 wall 1.5" HREW tubing. They won't honor any quotes over three days old. Steel prices are getting to be pretty crazy.

Looks like I will be at Carnagefest.....

20080705_065.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~revden/20080705_065.jpg

Not the one I thought I was gonna get....this was shorter...with more options for only a few hundred more.

:D

Rev

BOB said:
no stean engines here.
they do have a smaller scall railroad train that gives kids rides
just a small town thing with cool tractos

BOB

I realize now I confused that one with the show in Sandwich.
My old man used to drag me to it every year when he was rebuilding old tractors.

We had our antique tractor show today here.
The same 25-30 ones that come every year.. But the 50's Minneapolis Moline with the two row harvestor and cab is still pretty cool..

w_howey said:
I realize now I confused that one with the show in Sandwich.
My old man used to drag me to it every year when he was rebuilding old tractors.

We had our antique tractor show today here.
The same 25-30 ones that come every year.. But the 50's Minneapolis Moline with the two row harvestor and cab is still pretty cool..
Dad used to have a MM combine with an open platform. Sold it in 1968.

ChiXJeff said:
Dad used to have a MM combine with an open platform. Sold it in 1968.

I wish my camera was working.. This one is pretty cool. The harvestor/picker is wrapped around the tractor. The head is in front of the tractor, with the conveyer goes up the right side of the tractor. The engine compartment is completely enclosed and the cab is VERY small.. when in the seat only one person would even fit inside.

We have family pictures of my grandfather standing on the open platform of a IH thresher running it... I remember playing on the remanants of it in the late 70's - early 80's. Pretty darn cool piece of machine.

w_howey said:
I wish my camera was working.. This one is pretty cool. The harvestor/picker is wrapped around the tractor. The head is in front of the tractor, with the conveyer goes up the right side of the tractor. The engine compartment is completely enclosed and the cab is VERY small.. when in the seat only one person would even fit inside.

We have family pictures of my grandfather standing on the open platform of a IH thresher running it... I remember playing on the remanants of it in the late 70's - early 80's. Pretty darn cool piece of machine.
That sounds like one of the tractor mount ear corn harvesters that were common 40 years ago. Enclosed cabs weren't usual, IIRC. If you're really interested in this stuff, take a look at http://www.yesterdaystractor.com.

Dad is scrapping out the AVCO New Idea Harvester system he bought to replace the MM. No use for it any more, and it's worth more as scrap than as a running machine.

ChiXJeff said:
That sounds like one of the tractor mount ear corn harvesters that were common 40 years ago. Enclosed cabs weren't usual, IIRC.http://
yeah it sounds like a mounted corn picker on the tractor. correct cabs weren't very common. I've never seen a tractor with a cab have a mounted corn picker either, that would be neat to see.

Anyone know anything about the Ford 4.6L vs. the 5.4L V8s? I'm looking at picking up another Expy that is 2 years newer and has 40k less miles for the same price I can get for mine, but I don't know if I want to step down to the 4.6L.

IllianaXJ said:
Anyone know anything about the Ford 4.6L vs. the 5.4L V8s? I'm looking at picking up another Expy that is 2 years newer and has 40k less miles for the same price I can get for mine, but I don't know if I want to step down to the 4.6L.

I drive Ford cargo van's for my work.Not really an Expedition, but similar in GVW. The half-tons are the 4.6l and the 3/4 tons are the 5.4. I drive the hills of the UP in MI and to be honest with you the gas mileage is the same between the 2. The difference is the trans wants to keep downshifting going up hills with the 4.6. The 5.4 seems to be pretty much power up the hills. We normally have on average 4-1200lbs in the back. I also average 3-4000 miles a month in these things. They are both pretty durable. Hope that helps.

I'm 30...

I felt 30 when I got up this afternoon...

Had a party and stayed up/went to bed at 0800 this morning...

As usual I was the last man standing...

Spent the day cleaning up from a party of 50 to 70 people at times...

mac 'my house is a wreck' gyvr

IllianaXJ said:

I am not sure what price range you are looking at but I have an Expy for sale. We put a factory remfg motor in it a year and a half ago. The new motor only has 36,000 miles on it. I may even consider meeting you half way if you are interested in buying it.

Take a look.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=246074345&dealer_id=62751437&car_year=1997&model=EXPEDI&rnc_prepopulate=&start_year=1997&search_type=used&distance=25&make=FORD&address=61024&end_year=1999&cardist=0&rdpage=thumb

macgyvr said:
I'm 30...

I felt 30 when I got up this afternoon...

Had a party and stayed up/went to bed at 0800 this morning...

As usual I was the last man standing...

Spent the day cleaning up from a party of 50 to 70 people at times...

mac 'my house is a wreck' gyvr

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! Sorry it is late. I was going to post on your birthday when Sean called you but got very busy. Hope you had a great one! Sound like it. :)

I spun the center chunk on the 14 bolt this weekend. I now own the "carnage" award from the southeast chapter......How much do you think they would pay to get it back next year?

BRIANHO13 said:
I spun the center chunk on the 14 bolt this weekend. I now own the "carnage" award from the southeast chapter......How much do you think they would pay to get it back next year?

So what kind of award is it?

Hope they enjoyed utilizing the MWC territory.:D

Its got all kinds of pieces welded together that has been added onto each year, each person who gets it is supposed to weld a broken piece to it, kinda neat (there should be a picture of me holding it posted up soon).

I do think the ones who went out and wheeled did enjoy it.

Last edited:
Back