• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

We just had the worst storm I have ever experienced.
Lar was trapped in her car with downed trees in front and flood waters 2 feet over the road behind her.
I had to chain saw my way to her to rescue her.
There are probably 75 trees down just where I can see.
We have over five inches of rain in a little over two hours.
Parts of downtown Rockford are under 8 feet of water.
There will be major flooding in the weeks to come.

We just had the worst storm I have ever experienced.
Lar was trapped in her car with downed trees in front and flood waters 2 feet over the road behind her.
I had to chain saw my way to her to rescue her.
There are probably 75 trees down just where I can see.
We have over five inches of rain in a little over two hours.
Parts of downtown Rockford are under 8 feet of water.
There will be major flooding in the weeks to come.
Glad she is safe and okay. Hopefully half of rockford is flooded, couldn't happen to a better place.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Will the RV fit down your lane Friday?

mac 'or should I bring a chainsaw?' gyvr

Glad Lar is OK Sean, we had a few gully washer storms this past spring that brought major flooding, but not like what you got so quickly.

I know its not jeep and it is kinda tech, but anyone ever done a leveling lift on a 2014 chevy Silverado? Looking for any advice. What to buy, what not to buy and so forth. TIA

in regards to installation.... the directions are spot on. i tried installing by bypassing directions i thought would just make more work and i quickly discovered that i should've just followed the directions to a T

I had a tornado 4 miles from me in pella, IA. Heard the alarms and took cover.

This Amazon gig is interesting. We were told coming in that it was non stop fast paced close to impossible workload. 3 days on and I'm finding it to be a typical maintenance job. Sometimes you busy sometimes you're sitting around. Most of the calls are just boxes stuck in front of a photo eye.
The interesting part that I was told about coming in but didn't believe until I saw it in real life is the young people. Every single position that has even the slightest be of authority or even above minimum wage type pay is held by someone in the low to mid 20s. As a 33yr old I'm looking pretty old. Even maint which is usually a bunch of old grumpy men, is mostly my afar or younger with a couple older guys as managers.

I do not view this as a good thing...

Don't over think it. Just do a good job.

Although, I have never worked for anyone younger and that would be weird. But I have had plenty of people older than me that work for me and that is not weird.....

I don't think I could drive that far non-stop.
7871390ed5c7c44fcc3722df2665009d.jpg

Brian why haven't we heard any work stories lately? Maybe you need to get dumber employees for our entertainment

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Don't over think it. Just do a good job.

Although, I have never worked for anyone younger and that would be weird. But I have had plenty of people older than me that work for me and that is not weird.....
This is the first job I have had where I had a significant amount of people younger than me working for me. Millenials pretty much live down to the stereotypes. I have never heard this much whining about stuff.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. That said, in their low to mid 20s means they're freash out of college and this is likely their 1st job ever. No experience means they don't know how real life works and are given a manager position right out the gates. comeing in with fresh progressive thoughts in their simple heads.

As a maintenance guy, I am not fond a production manager with a "good idea"

Either way, this place seems much less difficult than the last and this place has much more room for advancement than the last so with just 3 days under my belt so far I'm pretty happy with the move

I've worked for people older, younger and the same age...really haven't ever through twice about it. In the entertainment industry it's pretty common. I also wasn't ever picky about gigs I worked, if it paid okay and I was available for the shift I wasn't going to say no. It led to a few situations where someone who was supervising the crew I was on at one gig would wind up working with me as their supervisor on a different gig ...you learn to not be too much of an asshole pretty quick when the guy you abuse on one gig turns out to be your boss a few days later. It is really weird hiring people that you used to work for though...even in the full time gig I have now I hire people and bands for gigs that I used to work for. Some of them are a lot nicer when you are the one writing the check :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Amazon is hiring maintenance like it's going out of style. Here in Kenosha there are 2 groups; Florida and Huston and me. They all have managers and people to talk with I don't. Huston guys are leaving at 6 fl guys leaving at 3:30. I've been leaving at 6. I finally called my manager yesterday and asked him and he said yea whatever you do don't go over 40. Now I have to leave today at 10...bummer......

Back