• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

anyone who has done a manual swap or pull wiring lately on a late model xj...do you know off hand where the wiring goes through the body from the TCU? i have an aw4 that i'm using for something from a 99, and i have the wiring still on the trans, but i don't have the wiring that goes from the TCU to the tranny harness. I'm trying to remember how hard that would be to pull at a junk yard...

5c8dd1047b0c983e750864cd7ad8f73d.jpg

1244 total

Ho wins

mac 'will buy a drink at WF VFW ' gyvr

Nothing better than buyin a supper low mile, 'rust free' car just to have the front subframe let go 700' from the shop. Stupid cars.

So my buddy has a clean 99 WJ from california with no title. Is it a bitch to get a new title from a california car in Illinois? Its a 99 limited 4.7 with 200k

So my buddy has a clean 99 WJ from california with no title. Is it a bitch to get a new title from a california car in Illinois? Its a 99 limited 4.7 with 200k

is it his car? have him file for a new title...you won't get a new one in illinois without getting the cali one first.

He has a shop, got it off a customer i think. One his customers looked it up shows only 1 owner on carfax. The original owner left for poland and abandoned it.

I am watching HGTV with my wife. I think I need to start buying car trailers and building "tiny houses". WTF? $50k fir a stupid 250 sf trailer?!

Yes. I have watched those. They're always saying stuff like "it's cheap living" and what not. I'm thinking you can buy a normal house for the prices they're paying.

And why go through all of that when you could just buy a rv?

Damn hipsters

I have peed there

If you look real close you can see how close the a/c got too the roof line...

mac 'almost a big oops' gyvr

Yes. I have watched those. They're always saying stuff like "it's cheap living" and what not. I'm thinking you can buy a normal house for the prices they're paying.

And why go through all of that when you could just buy a rv?

Damn hipsters

I bet a lot of the people in that show live in high priced areas where 50k gets you a tear down/redo versus like where I live and 50k gets you a descent house that needs minor work.

Around here 50k gets you a used diesel pickup. Or a new one if you have 2 mailboxes or more.

Well...there is a solid chance I'll be a real MWC member again. Was informed yesterday by HR that I am their preferred candidate and they are calling my references and current employer and running a background check. Then the decision has to clear the city manager's office before they make in offer. It will be a bit still, but its coming...even with what they told me the minimum salary would be, it would be damn near impossible to turn down. The state of Iowa Pension is one of the best pension plans out there...and currently my retirement plan is work till I die, so it seems like the better option for sure. The position is for an Auditorium and Community Bandshell manager. I'll be in charge of booking, managing and arranging technical elements (audio, lighting, staging, projection) for city events, concerts, and shows...its a government job but seems pretty dang exciting for government work. If I take the job its going to be a huge headache for a few months getting moved again and settled, but Melissa already has a promise of work from her old store in the area (20 miles down the road) so the only real hiccup involves our house here...which we would most likely put up for rent. Its a lot to think about...again. I just don't think I can pass up the chance though.

Back