• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Should be picking this mess up on Thursday.

Closest guess without going over on repair bill gets a drink on me at the VFW at WF2017.

RV currently has the following repairs to be made (5.9 cummins).
Headgasket
Reman head
Rear main seal
Oil pan gasket
Tranny pan gasket
New Radiator
All new radiator hoses
CAC cleaned and pressure checked
New CAC hoses
Oil line to turbo (looked scary, bad if they go)
Down pipe from exhaust manifold (flange is gone)
Wiring harnesses to alternator (corroded, known to go bad and shut you down)
Rebuilt alternator (my choice cause no extra labor)
Water pump (my choice because labor is almost nothing)
Bunch of misc fluids that go with it all.
Labor to remove it all out the back of the coach.

That should be about it...
They tell me Friday it should be done, I am betting early next week (which is fine no trip planned til June 10th).
mac 'needs a winnie gofundme' gyvr

Attached is the current list.
Repair bill guesses
Rewster $1
TH $1.01
Need-a-bow $4700
Lar $5200
Hex-j $5500
Exit9 $5819.19
89eliminator $5832
Hobag $6250
Jeepguy $6969.69
Samset $7401
SeanR $7500
K5matt $7600
Cabjeepster $7888
Goslowgetsilly $8000
97XJ2 $8301
Cheesy $8327.69
Lesslimited $8469
Polarjeep $8500
Altrocker $8675.31
Wheeler $8718.69
Poorboy87 $8900
Munchie $9000
Mkr5150 $9035.68
IllianaXJ $9110.50
Extanker $9995

f8828c8e05eb3133b9ddf90974ea7ff8.jpg

mac 'it's worth a drink' gyvr

The pump for the jacks and slideouts needs a new seal...hopefully I can tackle that next month on vacation...

mac 'there will always be something' gyvr

That sucks Tyler. I just xame from the Dr for my hip, not broken but major inflammation so got a big shot and bunch of meds. Need to be able to walk in a month and this last week has been bad. Few times found myself on the floor from it.

Winning! I just pushed a brown soft haft into the toilet...so I surf the N while accomplishing this feat.

I feel your pain Tyler. I spent last summer laid up and it sucked.

Mac's next major repair will be paid for with a road flare :D

I got hurt April 4th last year...unexpectedly...was off work til August 17th. Be thankful Cheesy that you get sometime to get things in order before surgery.

Byron, I need to pick up another box of flares, thanks for reminding me.

mac ':explosion' gyvr

Good morning gang. Gonna be a warm one. Got the boat out n ready for a booze cruise after work.

Cheese "pale belly" Man

Good morning! It's unseasonably cool up here.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Going to see the Cure in KC tonight, borrowing old ladys waterproof eyeliner as its an out side show. Should be a good time seeing all the domesticated dress up like they think they remember tbey dressed 20-25 years ago.

I was wanting to go to that show, just was not in the cards to get away form work tomorrow. I can not do KC shows and drive back home at 3am anymore...that used to be my summer fun, catch 5 or 6 shows a summer and pull all nighters and drive home half out of it. Looking back, it was stupid and dangerous....but I sure had a lot of fun!

We are staying at the 816 and free shuttle should make it a good evening. Ive done a few KC to DSM but a lot of IC or Omaha to DSM after shows, worse was coming back from Lincoln to DSM after drink half a bottle of Tequila partying with a band. Fun but Dumb!

For my birthday, I get to go to the license branch since I remembered my license expires today. Getting ready to go now, maybe it won't take forever and I may renew plates at the same time since they expire in a month.

If its your birthday, maybe you can have more fun than the license office and pull off a 72-3! :D

Back