• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

you know you were needing a reason to spend more $$ on that thing. Don't you know, getting 9" is never cheap.....:D

got my tooth pulled yesterday. that's a horrible experience.

Got the electrical in my back yard kinda figured out, at least i know how its ran. i pulled 110 off of a 220 plug it looks like that is how they had it, is that hacked? before we get a pool id like to run it off its own breaker. that way the washer,drier and pool shit aren't running on the same leg.

gotta figure out where to get a plat-o-survey, the city doesn't have one on file for us and we need one for permits.

Got the electrical in my back yard kinda figured out, at least i know how its ran. i pulled 110 off of a 220 plug it looks like that is how they had it, is that hacked? before we get a pool id like to run it off its own breaker. that way the washer,drier and pool shit aren't running on the same leg.

gotta figure out where to get a plat-o-survey, the city doesn't have one on file for us and we need one for permits.

Sounds like this is all off of the 240V dryer circuit? The only thing it should be powering is the dryer. Doing otherwise is definitely not OK, not to mention washers and pool pumps can draw some decent current and you don't want to be jumping out of the pool to go play with electricity because someone turned the dryer on and popped a breaker.

I'm sure tons of people have stuff wired like that and never have an issue, but it's not right and I would take the opportunity to fix it, even if it means pulling off drywall to get access to it (behind the washer). Also if it's a 3-wire recep for your dryer, then you only have a ground and not a neutral, so if you are skimming on that for 120V circuits then they also don't have a proper neutral. And if there's ever a time to do things safely, it's with appliances that touch water.

So I'd plan to add at least two more circuits, one for your washer and one for backyard power. Not sure what your layout is or what size the pool is. I think my folks needed a 30amp circuit for their relatively small above-ground pool. Tell Sam to get off his ass and start pulling some wire :D

Morning gang.......anxiously awaiting macs repair bill total :D

I'm getting ready to go pick up the brand new radiator for the RV. They let me buy it and go get it to take across town to them to save a few bucks in mark up and them tacking on a few more bucks in handling...

mac 'and I suppose makes the truck shop bill look smaller in the end' gyvr

Sounds like this is all off of the 240V dryer circuit? The only thing it should be powering is the dryer. Doing otherwise is definitely not OK, not to mention washers and pool pumps can draw some decent current and you don't want to be jumping out of the pool to go play with electricity because someone turned the dryer on and popped a breaker.

I'm sure tons of people have stuff wired like that and never have an issue, but it's not right and I would take the opportunity to fix it, even if it means pulling off drywall to get access to it (behind the washer). Also if it's a 3-wire recep for your dryer, then you only have a ground and not a neutral, so if you are skimming on that for 120V circuits then they also don't have a proper neutral. And if there's ever a time to do things safely, it's with appliances that touch water.

So I'd plan to add at least two more circuits, one for your washer and one for backyard power. Not sure what your layout is or what size the pool is. I think my folks needed a 30amp circuit for their relatively small above-ground pool. Tell Sam to get off his ass and start pulling some wire :D

mostly that.

pulling 110 off the 220 outlet is what the dryer does internally, but you don't want to add a significant load to just one leg of that circuit, or it may overload that leg but the breaker won't pop.

I'd put a pool pump on it's own dedicated GFCI breaker, because water.

The radiator was $715...

The frieghtliner radiator was $1800...

mac 'there are no warranties paying for this' gyvr

So...apparently there is a feature article about me on the front page of the paper today. That was interesting to learn about from my boss when I walked into work this morning. They interviewed me a few days ago, but I thought it was going to be some throw away article on the backpage

I'd say if your boss showed you this its raise asking time

So...apparently there is a feature article about me on the front page of the paper today. That was interesting to learn about from my boss when I walked into work this morning. They interviewed me a few days ago, but I thought it was going to be some throw away article on the backpage

Are you talking a full size permanent pool like mine? Or one of those blow up deals? I'd look into pools and what they require 1st. That way from the start you're running what you need. Each pump may be different.

When you say you "pulled" are you talking with a meter or you opened it up and saw just 110 there? If with a meter maybe one of the wires broke off?

My pump outlet is on its own 110 leg.
My dryer is not on its own leg but it's gas.
Originally my pump outlet was not gfci but it has a broken prong wedged in there so I need to replace it anyways and I plan to run gfci and probably a switch so I don't have to unplug it all the damn time.

Bastard never asks for help even tho I have both pool experience and electrical experience.:dunce:

and there better be a sign at the pool that says

"Welcome to our ool, notice there is no P in it, please keep it that way"

As a kid I always thought that was a good one, as an adult, I try to not pee in the pool anymore....or any less.

When we lived in western Kansas, our home had a nice sized in ground pool, I noticed my buddies would float around all afternoon and drink beer, but never get out for a pee break. Bastards.

and there better be a sign at the pool that says

"Welcome to our ool, notice there is no P in it, please keep it that way"

As a kid I always thought that was a good one, as an adult, I try to not pee in the pool anymore....or any less.

When we lived in western Kansas, our home had a nice sized in ground pool, I noticed my buddies would float around all afternoon and drink beer, but never get out for a pee break. Bastards.

I notice that about my nephews. pinching the Wiener when jumping in but never going pee. Bastards.

92% of data used and 12 days to go.

Challenge accepted

We hit 75% with 17, down to fourdays and under 2 gigs left. Four smart phones, two are ours and two are my wifes dad and brother. They are on vacation until Next Wednesday and we are at Holiday World this weekend. This might be close.

Terre "wifi when we can" hautian

Bought T her Hemi commander. It needs cleaned up and a few little cosmetic interior items.

2 1/2" lift should be here any day, bought a real nice set of wheels with duratracs.

002054481f19735237e2d51e22eb89cb.jpg

Back