• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i like the challenge the stick burner gives you. trying to keep that perfect temp can be tough.

that being said, there has been many times during family BBQ's where im missing out on alot because im manning the smoker.

id like to have both.

I've smoked a few pork butts on my Weber kettle with good results. I used the "snake" method and didn't need to add any extra charcoal on a 12 hour smoke (although that was in the summer, colder temps will burn fuel a lot faster). First hour is finicky dialing in the vents but then I normally just adjust them once every 45 minutes or so. Helps that you don't have to be super precise with a Boston butt and will still have good BBQ.

It's a weber 22" kettle grill. Im just setting it up to do indirect cooking. Not your typical stick burner. I should be able to maintain the temp with the vents. I hope lol.

Years ago Rev came to my work (well, his work was inside the building where I worked). At first he introduced himself as an Illinois State Trooper and was asking questions that puzzled me and scared me for a second.

Old building (918) or the new one (800 Ohio)? 918 is no longer standing and is a parking lot.

Old building, do you work for Echostar or whoever Rev works for also? The TV station is now a block west in a building the station owns and the radio stations are now north of the tower in a rented 1/2 floor.

is there a safe way to make my jack stands taller? I have the heavy duty (12 ton maybe?) stands from HF but they just aren't tall enough to pull my axles if I put the stands on my 2x6 rockers. I've seen people make a wood 2x2 or 4x4 platform under the stand to add some height but is that "safe"? if so do I just toss some wood blocks under them or do I need to zip some screws in the blocks so they stay together?
what do I need to do here?
I got some pine 2x12 ripped to 10" for blocking to use under my stands. My local lumber yard had a bunch of 20" scraps, and I paid the mill operator $10 to rip me 14 pieces. They work great because they're about an inch bigger both ways than the footprint of my stands, and basically adjustable.

I just had a 3:35 AM pee....may as well get up and get this day started.

Good morning gang.

Back