• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said, just wish I'd been able to spend more time with him. Feel like I lost my little brother...

So glad he was able to get to Moab, I know he had a great time there.

I thought I had a pic of him sleeping on my sunroom floor with the other Indiana guys that came for Brewfest, but I can't find it. Did find this though...

And I had to crop this one a bit, tooth matching grill...

Speaking of Flex, on teh go fund me page, it has a yellow XJ, did he have that before the blue one?

Never did I think when I shook his hand and said goodbye to him at the the Crawl would be the last time I would ever see him.

Byron, your post hit me square in the feels... :bawl:

Tell me about it. Now who am I going to yell at for keeping me up all night sawing logs!?

Byron - That was well said. I thought I was finally starting to get through the emotions, but you found some more.

Speaking of Flex, on teh go fund me page, it has a yellow XJ, did he have that before the blue one?

Pretty sure that was Dr Moab's jeep, I believe Aaron went out there to hang out with him once, besides the 2013 Moab trip.

The yellow XJ is Dr.Moab's rig that Aaron got to pilot on their journey seeing the backcountry of Nevada. Dr.Moab has a write-up of that adventure somewhere, maybe the IC Chapter forum?

Ah, I haven't been around that long so I didn't know if he had something else before.

Morning. Made it to the 10 year married mark.

Congrats!

We'll hit 25 next week.

From Facebook

The arrangements have been made for Aaron Thompson. The Calling and Funeral will be the same day on Saturday September 12, 2015 at Jewell Rittman 3855 25th St Columbus, IN 47203. For Family at 10:00 am, and Calling 11:00-1:00. The Funeral will start at 1:00 p.m. Following after friends and family are all invited to a Celebration of Life at 8764 North Miami Ridge Road.If you word like to bring a dish please send me a private message so that we now we have prepared enough. Thank you for all your love and support. Also please pass this on to anyone who loved Aaron.

I'll be there for at least the funeral and maybe longer.

mac 'fighting to get Saturday night off work' gyvr

I am driving my heep over as well.

There are a bunch of guys from the SEC coming - me, Ed, Mark, Tim, Andy, and not a handful more traveling up with Tim. Any of y'all bringing your Jeeps? If I drive up I'll likely bring mine. It's closer than Harlan...

My Jeep will be there.

Ed, Mark, and I will be there for breakfast. See y'all then.

I can only imagine what the scene outside the funeral home will look like - one side of the street with big old dirty jacked up jeeps backed into parking spaces, and on the other side, low slung tricked out racecars backed into their spaces!

Last edited:
Back