• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Man all you youngins make me feel old, not as old as john but still old. 96

We used to be the young ones around here...

mac 'still are at heart' gyvr

y8uruhed.jpg

Thought this was funny

What's a good rate to pay a dog/house sitter?

We've used family and friends in the past and paid them either in food, jeep parts, or a little bit of cash. They usually do it because either they like us, or its a nice 'getaway' for them from their current living situation.

Unfortunately with babies and busy and jobs we have had to ask around for someone to watch the dogs/house.

We found a buddy of mine's 17 year old son that's going to watch/dog sit for two weeks. So, he'll have the house to himself with four dogs (maybe three after an incident today), be able to come and go as he wants, garage to wrench on his car, a/c, sat, wii, and some freedom.

Just asking him to let the dogs out a couple times a day and feed them in the morning and at night...

This is the longest we've ever asked anyone to house sit for us.

mac 'curious if anyone has an experience with a fair rate' gyvr

We've used family and friends in the past and paid them either in food, jeep parts, or a little bit of cash. They usually do it because either they like us, or its a nice 'getaway' for them from their current living situation.

Unfortunately with babies and busy and jobs we have had to ask around for someone to watch the dogs/house.

We found a buddy of mine's 17 year old son that's going to watch/dog sit for two weeks. So, he'll have the house to himself with four dogs (maybe three after an incident today), be able to come and go as he wants, garage to wrench on his car, a/c, sat, wii, and some freedom.

Just asking him to let the dogs out a couple times a day and feed them in the morning and at night...

We left a hundo on the counter for ours yesterday, 8 days

Basically a house to himself for a lil bit. Id leave him with enough money to buy food and tell him it is a training week for adulthood. Dont spend the money wrong or you dont eat lol

this is what I did about a year ago. But it was only like 3 days I think.

at my house in the summer months its pretty easy to get people to watch my dogs. They all are wanting to come over to use the pool anyways. I say, you can use it as much as you want as long as you take care of the dogs. The only hard part is trusting someone to be here at 6 or 7 in the morning.

Last edited:
71 bucks to rent the wife a 2014 Nissan xterra with 500 miles on it for 2.5 days...instead of driving 242k mile jeep...worth every penny of me not worrying...

mac 'nap in peace' gyvr

Sam,

I didn't set my pool up this year because we are going to be gone so much I didn't want our house sitter to have to deal with the pool maintenance...

mac 'could be a plus or minus' gyvr

Back