• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

ive purchased a few things from seven springs customs...always got them super fast.

maybe they should be a naxja sponsor?

I would, they're in our area, my items shipped this morning and will be here tomorrow. Prices are pretty competitive too...

Tomorrow night is the zip locker install! :D

We stopped paying for cable years ago we used our xbox for Netflix and youtube for years and would Download anything we really wanted we couldn't find.
Now that I work from home I have a big screen hooked up up to a Pc with a wireless keyboard/mouse in my living room and it does it all in one spot!

I spoke too soon. Found out today that I can't get high enough speed interwebs at the new house, going to have to go with Dish.

Illiana 'rural' XJ

We are interviewing co-workers that want to be on the negotiator team today and tomorrow as one if our teammates retired in December.

It's odd being on the other side of the table, a first for my professional career.

mac 'getting old' gyvr

I spoke too soon. Found out today that I can't get high enough speed interwebs at the new house, going to have to go with Dish.

Illiana 'rural' XJ

Were you able to get anything better than dialup? What speeds were they talking? I'm on country DSL, it links up around 3 meg and Netflix takes a little while to load, but streams fine after that.

Another option that most people (including me) look past is point-to-point wireless broadband. They put an antenna on a tower and can beam it to your house. It's not cellular, so there's unlimited usage for a pretty competitive rate, and the speeds are pretty good too. It's just usually harder to find out who (if anyone) offers it in your area.

Were you able to get anything better than dialup? What speeds were they talking? I'm on country DSL, it links up around 3 meg and Netflix takes a little while to load, but streams fine after that.

Another option that most people (including me) look past is point-to-point wireless broadband. They put an antenna on a tower and can beam it to your house. It's not cellular, so there's unlimited usage for a pretty competitive rate, and the speeds are pretty good too. It's just usually harder to find out who (if anyone) offers it in your area.

"Up to" 6 meg. I'll look into the point to point, thanks.

We are interviewing co-workers that want to be on the negotiator team today and tomorrow as one if our teammates retired in December.

It's odd being on the other side of the table, a first for my professional career.

mac 'getting old' gyvr

I had to interview people for my direct copy, it is very interesting. We had some people that were over qualified and way under qualified so it was pretty easy to pick the right person out.

I always wondered if I was as nervous doing interviews as they get or appear to get.

I won't recommend directv to anyone, but if for some reason you decide you want it, let me know and they offer a deal where we both save 15 or 25 a month for 6 mo or a year.

mac 'throwing it out there for anyone' gyvr

I had to interview people for my direct copy, it is very interesting. We had some people that were over qualified and way under qualified so it was pretty easy to pick the right person out.

I always wondered if I was as nervous doing interviews as they get or appear to get.

Very odd for me...

mac 'ill bet I was nervous this time last year too' gyvr

Re: Re: Important

Illiana 'rural' XJ

DO NOT GET SATELLITE BASED INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Repeat.
DO NOT GET SATELLITE BASED INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you understand?
HMU back channel if you want more details.

DO NOT GET SATELLITE BASED INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Repeat.
DO NOT GET SATELLITE BASED INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you understand?
HMU back channel if you want more details.

Definitely not doing satellite internet, it's cable based through Frontier. They are a Dish distributor.

Wow, in Terre Haute, Frontier is the worst provider around for the service they provide. Time Warner doesn't even have to advertise here.

That sucks, hopefully it is better then here.

Back