• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I tried to help stuck motorists on srversl occasions. One hooked the strap to his tie rod, one turned his front tires towards the back slope pulling him farther into the ditch, one guy was so effing stupid he put his car in reverse as I was pulling him forward.
I do not help people any more. .my hope is they will freeze to death in their stuck vehicle before they have a chance to reproduce.

If the vehicle doesn't have tow points, THEY HOOK IT UP. Back when I had my last car, I did slide down a hill and end up in a ditch (no ABS and somewhat still young driver). A guy in an SUV pulled me out, that is why I will stop and help people if I can. I did pull a friends WJ out of mud once at church. They found some metal on the front bumper and between her gassing it and my pulling we got her out.

I help people by calling a wrecker for them to pull them out.

The last person I pulled out of a ditch...well was another co-workers chevy impala (I was off and used a road worthy XJ, remember when I had one of those?) There was a two hour wait for a tow truck that day.

mac 'hard to pull people out with a front wheel drive car' gyvr

I have seen more people asking for handouts via online swap shops for the need of paying rent, cell phone bills, car payments or other misc bullshit.

I know a guy with a pretty well built Subaru and an M3 he's building for rally. He is asking for donations so he can get it ready for a Rally in New York. The dude makes way more than I do......Really???

I always think its funny to drive out into the country and see how some of these people get stuck. A couple years ago I came up on a Mazda Miata that was stuck out in the middle of a corn field.

I saw some idiot swerve all over the road on route 15 near my house and the 84 junction a while ago. She ended up driving down the breakdown lane on the wrong side of the road swerving and slamming on the brakes repeatedly. Then moved over one lane so she was driving down the wrong side of the road. I flashed my lights repeatedly and laid on the horn, then someone came the other way and she ended up stopped a few feet from them, facing them, with them beeping at her too. Then she cut me off and pulled into the breakdown lane on the right side fo the road... I pulled up next to her and rolled the window down and asked what the hell she was doing and how much she had to drink... her answer was "I GOT CONFUSED OK!!!!" and she acted like it was my fault.

I probably should have called the cops on her, anyone who does that when confused is either absolutely shithammer drunk or has no business being licensed to operate.

Are you still going to pick up a hitch in 2 days?

Probably not, Sarah's work schedule put a snow day on hold. Maybe Saturday, I just don't know.

Been dealing all day with a local guy for some tires for the car. Got all the way up to asking him for his address and he quits talking. Stuff like this just irritates me.

Any country music fans here? Garth Brooks announced a new tour next year!

Back