• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I have a weird thing about bridges. I can go over a bridge that doesn't have structure over the top very easily. For some reason or another, bridges with overhead structure just gimme the hair-raising feelings. Just crawls up my spine. Strangest thing since I can handle other bridges.

I'm getting better with going over the Tower Dr. Bridge in GB. Still makes me shiver when I get over it.

XJosh 'You'll never see me on the Dan Ryan' 95

try crossing the GW bridge on the lower level in heavy traffic on a windy day. nothing like stopping dead in the middle underneath the upper level and felling the bridge bounce up and down from semis and sway back and forth from the wind...bout crapped myself the first time over it

Re: Re: Important

Craigslist be like... Garage kept, grandpa driven. :D

... But that would be the truth.

I have been over the Mackinac Bridge numerous times, the most scary time was when I rode my motorcycle across at night with very limited visibility because of fog. It's a beautiful structure, I love crossing the straights especially in the winter time.

That sounds like fun! That's a bridge I can handle.

Just have to do it when it's not snow bird season. Air cooled bikes don't like stop and go traffic in Florida.

Yeah, after seeing those pictures I will be sticking to the left lane. I do not like being that close to the edge.

I don't understand fear of heights at all. :dunno:

Kimmer, the Chesapeake Bay bridge outside of Annapolis had a service where someone will drove you across it. It is one of the longest bridges like that in the world.

My sister had an '04 Tahoe that she got new and put well over 200,000 miles on it. The odo broke at 230, 000 something. I know twords the end she was dumping a ton of money into it.
She sold it for $4000.00!
A guess there really is a sucker born every day

The Bridge to Canadia is pretty weird looking...
nebymy9y.jpg

2a7a6e8u.jpg

Until it needs a new transmission...

mac 'oh wait they are getting better!' gyvr

I lucked out on my tranny deal...it was a bad line that leaked out enough fluid for it to start to slip. I replaced the line, filled it back up and have put @ 1000 miles on it since hauling hay and it has performed great. Lucky I caught it when I did. I am still shopping for a 3500 Silverado if all goes well after harvest. This dodge is a hauling machine, but it's creature comforts suck worse than prison sex.

Cheese "sore butt either way" Man

bridges that big offer a lot of amenities for the homeless or suicide driven individuals!

Cheese "jump!" Man

Back