• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

P Main, Mac and i will be stopping only for fuel, gas station burritos and potty once every 6 hours. Switch drivers and go.

All we need is the Bandit.

I haven't decided if I'll blow up the Sub towing Eisenhower or chance driving the ZJ out and back.

Either way I'll be stopping every few hours since I'll be the only one driving.

My handle is Smokey Bear, and I'm tail-grabbin' yo' ass right now!

We have one in the shop now. Starts and dies. I havent worked on it yet but Im sure itll get passed to me. Never worked on one before.
thats what mine was doing, but it's a 95 Grand w/ a v-8. I feel for ya man.

I have a customer the has a 1950 Plymouth, but not even capable of changing his own oil. I told my boss if I wanted to be in the restoration business, than thats where I would be. I have to adjust his drum brakes for him once a month cause he's a fricking idiot.

^Like

Dan, Pat and Mac can have the express convoy; you, me and Gene will be the nice-and-easy-cause-we-have-to-drive-it-home convoy :D

Sounds good.......Now I need some RCV's and a cage.....:D

The dog and I are heading to KS Rocks in a few. Downside is it's my weekend to work and I'm taking the Crapstar since The Gimp needs brakes. No wheeling for me on a weekend of never ending traction. The park so dry our few never ending mud puddles are solid bottomed.

Parakeet

I'd bet good money you would not be the only NAXJA member w/o an xj. Buy enough raffle tickets and you may become an XJ owner at the event. Ask Redheep, he won 5 years ago.

Please don't spread misinformation. Bob James won the jeep. I purchased it from him.

Next thing you know, people will be in here asking for my head on a platter. ;)

I'd bet good money you would not be the only NAXJA member w/o an xj. Buy enough raffle tickets and you may become an XJ owner at the event. Ask Redheep, he won 5 years ago.

Non-XJ folks are welcome. Josh's Dad, Bob won the Jeep (not quite four years ago)...Josh purchased it from him.

no worries.

jim broke his bellhousing in 3 or 4 places on the way out. He fueled it running, never shut it off and when he made it to Moab there was an AW4 waiting on a trailer already.

Actually, it ended up on a trailer in Kansas. WhatRd towed it and Jimbo drove WhatRd's Jeep the rest of the way out...with death wobble and all...they convoy'd with me and Pmain after we all met Jim in Kansas.

DSCN2149.jpg

P Main, Mac and i will be stopping only for fuel, gas station burritos and potty once every 6 hours. Switch drivers and go.

All we need is the Bandit.

If Pat's at the helm, we won't need Bandit :) but we will get the best fuel economy of the trip...

And yes, stop every 300 miles for fuel...

I need skids, maintenance and a fatty gas card.

I'm dreading the mountains...

Please don't spread misinformation. Bob James won the jeep. I purchased it from him.

Next thing you know, people will be in here asking for my head on a platter. ;)

There you go...

the memories...the day we left from Pmain's house.
DSCF0211.jpg

mac 'excited already' gyvr

Yes, my bad. I didn't intend on giving the impression that you won, rather that you now own the raffle jeep. :)

Your phone must be broke...

mac 'texted you over an hour ago' gyvr

Your phone must be broke...

mac 'texted you over an hour ago' gyvr
so you texted him at 12:30 AM and don't understand why he didn't answer? Have you ever heard of sleep?

I like to be able to watch live data stream on OBDII, makes some diagnosing much easier sometimes.

Never worked on a renix, never want to.
I watch live data too, from a multimeter

We have one in the shop now. Starts and dies. I havent worked on it yet but Im sure itll get passed to me. Never worked on one before.
checkd the ballast resistor on the drivers side fender.

Wow. That's alot of fuel to get to Utah.

3,688 miles, generous 15 MPG at 4 bucks a gallon = roughly 850 bones!

K "need to start selling organs" man
15???

I'm planning on 8, 6 if we take 2.
3300 miles round trip.
so 400+ gallons, I figure diesel will be $5 by this time next year.

Back