• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I believe that is a tradition that should be kept. I maybe doing that later this year.

So, 98-ish rangers with 2.3 and auto, anything I should look out for? I'm thinking about getting a Ranger. Mileage could be better but 20 avg is better than 14 plus it will haul Jeep parts!

Why not spend a little extra on a 1/2 ton? The 6 extra MPG doesn't seem worth it.

It does when you add in how much my tires cost, how far I drive the Jeep, etc. Plus I don't have room for a fullsize truck and trailer at my house.

If you think jeeps are costly, wait till you get married.

I am trying to get a second job to save up money for many things and get caught up on stuff like Jeep stuff. I am willing to give up any future Jeep upgrades for a while if it means I have to pay for anything related to a wedding (or as of right now, save up for a ring in December). I haven't felt this good about life in a long time, even on bad days when things are not going right, I just think about all the good days I have had with Sarah and nothing gets me down. I will be honest I have never felt this way and I like it. The only reason I haven't proposed yet is because it has only been four months dating. Come December if I feel the same way, I am doing it (on her birthday).

Live together on your own for a year before you propose. Thank me later if you want.

or 4 :)

wife and i lived in sin for 4 years before we got married...best choice i ever made. it made the parents a little hot, but as wheeler said, divorces are unbelievably expensive. my brothers and i also lived with their wives for at least a year...and i have no doubts that it was a great choice for all 3 of us. both of my wives siblings who are married got engaged within 6 months of dating their spouses, one is divorce pending and the other just caught her husband cheating with his manager. they are trying to "work it out" but in my mind if one person is not in it 100% it will never work...im not saying people who never live together cant make a marriage work (happens a lot) im just sayin, don't rush it.

i was in a relationship for 2 years and thought i had met the best possible match for me, we started kind of living together (she was still in school) and it crashed and burned fast...i was starting to think about buying i ring...glad i didn't :)

Back