• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

or 4 :)

wife and i lived in sin for 4 years before we got married...best choice i ever made. it made the parents a little hot, but as wheeler said, divorces are unbelievably expensive. my brothers and i also lived with their wives for at least a year...and i have no doubts that it was a great choice for all 3 of us. both of my wives siblings who are married got engaged within 6 months of dating their spouses, one is divorce pending and the other just caught her husband cheating with his manager. they are trying to "work it out" but in my mind if one person is not in it 100% it will never work...im not saying people who never live together cant make a marriage work (happens a lot) im just sayin, don't rush it.

i was in a relationship for 2 years and thought i had met the best possible match for me, we started kind of living together (she was still in school) and it crashed and burned fast...i was starting to think about buying i ring...glad i didn't :)
I could probably get away with that with nary a word at this point. My dad doesn't really care and my mom already got used to the idea of my brother and I drinking, and my sister being a lesbian, I think they'd probably just be happy I found some girl crazy enough to put up with me at this point.

I've been living w T for a bit over 5 years. We will never get married, and she's okay with that. What we have now works great.

Fore 'twice bitten' Wheeler
third time's the charm!

Been with my fiance since Highschool (about 6ish years now), we got engaged a year ago and lived together while I was doing my student teaching. Our parents didn't care, much... Most parents I think realize that when you find someone that into you as much as you are into them, they tend to turn down the give-a-#### meter...

On a side note, replaced the thermostat and sending unit on the Heep tonight... Who know it was a 99 with the original parts in it... :S Only replaced em cause the housing was seeping a little bit and I had one issue one day when the temp gauge was dead-lined... Figured it was the sending unit...

Me and Alexis got together my senior year, she was 16 i was 17, now 21 and 23. We have lived together for 3 of those 4 years, had a kid 16 months ago. We are getting married in august.

I am very happy we had a kid before getting married to, that's a whole other stressor on a relationship. And it also added to the feelings we have for eachother, best thing we ever did.

My parent's never really cared we were living together. My old man is the one who stresses live together. But he has a problem practicing what he preaches so i learned from him. He's been married twice and now has a live in girlfriend with no job and two kids, YEAH she really "loves" him lol.

The number one thing is sharing interests. My woman and I do everything together. But it doesn't mean that she likes me still, just ask Dan. ;)

and just remember, they are all crazy, you just have to find one that is the same level of crazy as you are......

Camille and I started dating in the fall of 97 and have been married 11 years as of last Saturday......and I can honestly say that she gets bitchier ever year :D

and just remember, they are all crazy, you just have to find one that is the same level of crazy as you are......

Camille and I started dating in the fall of 97 and have been married 11 years as of last Saturday......and I can honestly say that she gets bitchier ever year :D
I bet she will even be bitchier after this weekend.

Wives are like motorcycles, you should wait until you're 30 to buy one.

My next wife will earn citizenship, and not speak English.

Wedding cake will do that to a woman.

she likes dan?

i smell tomfoolery in the MWC

That smell has been around longer than you have. :D

third time's the charm!

Or strike three.

She might I don't know, i think the fact that he is like 65 or something, may turn her off a bit.

But I still F like a 18 year old.

Been with my other half going on 8 years in October. Been engaged for 4 of them. We have lived together only after 5 months of dating. I have her wedding ring and she has her dress. When the market crashed I lost 14k which was for the wedding. The other cash I had set aside I bought an outdoor wood boiler to heat the house, garage and hot water. Have not regrown much, it looks like the wedding will be on hold for a bit.

Been divorced twice and was an idiot in my younger years. (Probably still an idiot) I have full custody of my Daughter, and have raised her since she was 14 months. My ex has made it easy as she is wanted by the state of WI and has not seen my Daughter since she was 14 months.

Wives are like motorcycles, you should wait until you're 30 to buy one.

Another wise person told me this years ago. I was married at 32.

Another wise person told me this too.

mac 'just got one marriage in me' gyvr

i can say without a doubt that my wife is way less crazy than me...she might have her woman moments, but shes a keeper. when i tell her i have to drop everything to leave town to hunt, work, fish, camp, pick up jeep parts...she doesn't love it, but she just shakes her head and tells me she will miss me while im gone...and the truth is i miss her too. i stay with my female friends when im in new york (i have way more female friends there than male) and she never gets remotely concerned about it...mostly because she has no reason to. id be the stupidest man on earth to screw it up with her.

in the last year she has probably spent less than $200 shopping for herself (other than shampoo, soap and other girly creams and stuff)...she knows i spend money on parts, outboards and junk but she's good about it. i get money for most of my parts by buying junk and selling it...i just sold the parts from an outboard i got for free for over $500 and used some of the money to help pay the bills so it does go both ways. over the years we have actually traded back and forth being the bread winner...she is about to get a big raise soon, so we will see who holds the title after that.

and wheeler, if she is a keeper theres not a single damn thing in the world wrong with not getting married. im not sure how mi works but in iowa a domestic partnership gives significant others most of the same rights as a married couple...the biggest advantage being, if it ends there are no divorce proceedings necessary. looks like there are a lot of good ladies in the mwc...i think thats why i like the naxja mwc page better than all other jeep forums. instead of 16 year olds with jeeps their parents bought for them, we have a lot of mature (in age only) married guys...some of who are fat just like me :) i really hope soon i can actually meet some of you fellas...and the ladies too!

Back