• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

wifey came home last night and told me one of her 8th grade track girls she coaches has a tattoo of a flower on her wrist.....are you fawking kidding me??? The girls family is troubled to say the least..and her dad gave her the tattoo.....

That is just wrong and stupid.

wifey came home last night and told me one of her 8th grade track girls she coaches has a tattoo of a flower on her wrist.....are you fawking kidding me??? The girls family is troubled to say the least..and her dad gave her the tattoo.....

As many of you know, I am not against tats in any way, but for a child to have one.....I have my opinion about that.

I don't think the parents cant get in trouble depending on your state laws. Most places a minor needs written consent and the presence of the parent or legal guardian to receive a piercing or tattoo. I still don't agree with a minor getting a tattoo.

As many of you know, I am not against tats in any way, but for a child to have one.....I have my opinion about that.

I see it all the time...

Under 18 in IN just requires parents permission...

mac '33 and no tats' gyvr

900 bucks at the bmv...

renewed single place
registered and paid sales tax on enclosed...

mac 'spends too much money at the bmv' gyvr

So my I found out today that my desire to stand by my morals is stronger than my desire to make money. I quit my job today because of it. Now I have nothing to fall back on and I'm scared crapless. Hopefully I can find a job soon.

Parakeet

That's a horrible place for an employer to put someone. You should never feel morally obligated to leave a job. It's called "business ethics" man...

Sorry to hear about that...

14 labatt blues and kmans drunk.
Are you a beginner? Only beginners count their beers. Of course, if you keep all the dead soldiers around its a lot easier the next morning. But you don't count while you're at it...That just screams n00b. ;)

No doubt! I got my first tattoo at 16. My mom took me. But I totally agree that was the earliest age someone should get one.
Sounds like the girls dad did the work...unless he is an artist himself, it's even more fawked up.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I'm coming close to handing my boss my badge as well.

Been there done that, two weeks ago :gee:

Funny thing is, I have gotten an interview offer (and they sound very motivated) and a job offer already and I am not even really looking yet, my lack of employment just came up in conversation with various friends and they tried to get me hired at their companies. I want to put the last mess behind me and get over it so I can start my next venture (no matter what it is) with a clear mind. I'm too damn burnt out to be much use to anyone right now but at least the stress is mostly gone.

So my I found out today that my desire to stand by my morals is stronger than my desire to make money. I quit my job today because of it. Now I have nothing to fall back on and I'm scared crapless. Hopefully I can find a job soon.

Parakeet

you're going through the same thing my wife is going thorough, she has gotten to the point were she wants out now. for now she called her one week a year vacation later this month and after that she is out.

she is a t-shirt designer and for a while her boss has been forcing her to break copyright laws and steal designs off the internet to make money. not only does this offend her because she is a talented designer and good at what she does, so she feels her designs could make him money, but she is also stealing from talented designers. this was very hard for her but she was pushed to the edge when her boss told her to copy the KONY 2012 t-shirts and she is close to positive he is not donating any profits. her plan is to leave as soon as her vaca is over then call the proper authorities on his business.

My boss tried to get me to pirate a very well known electrical engineering / schematic capture / PCB design software suite, because he didn't want to pay for the license. We had the money for it, I know because he flushed 4 times as much as it cost down the drain on a SMT pick-n-place machine that I told him was not what we needed and would not improve our turnaround time at all (and I was right, it was useless to us.)

I told him no, sorry, I am not pirating that, I don't want to risk getting caught by their licensing software and I kinda want to be able to work in this industry again in the future. Being blacklisted by one of the biggest names in PCB design software is not a good way to continue working in the industry.

That was months ago, and only one of the things that pushed me away. Him forgetting to send me paychecks for 2 months straight and playing games with my schedule and a few other things were not really helpful either.

At least he forgot to give me an NDA to sign, so I can be as forthcoming and honest as I need to be in interviews, instead of having a short-time position at a company I can't name that won't give me a reference on my resume. That never looks good.

Been there done that, two weeks ago :gee:

Funny thing is, I have gotten an interview offer (and they sound very motivated) and a job offer already and I am not even really looking yet, my lack of employment just came up in conversation with various friends and they tried to get me hired at their companies. I want to put the last mess behind me and get over it so I can start my next venture (no matter what it is) with a clear mind. I'm too damn burnt out to be much use to anyone right now but at least the stress is mostly gone.
You got back from WF and found out you really were unemployed?

The breaking point was yesterday when the district manager had me order a set of plug wires that the $9/ hr tech installed wrong. When they got there he had the tech pull the ruined plug wire and install one out of the new set. Then the district manager grabbed the remaining wires and shoved the ruined plug wire back in the box and sent it back as a new return. That was the breaking point. Over the last 3 months I have seen this kind of thing go on time and time again. Things like carrying insurance against damage to customers cars but when a motor or other is ruined they make the tech pay for it.

I just couldn't take it anymore. I would walk out of the store everyday waiting to be struck down by lightning. I guess in the end I would rather be dirt poor with the right set of morals than rich with none.

Parakeet

IMG_0723.jpg

Lots of beer... and lots of tape

^^Like!!!

Back