• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*IMPORTANT* Eldorado route designation meetings.

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
It is very important that you make one of these meetings, we stand to lose many miles of Forest service roads in Eldorado National Forrest including variations of the Rubicon trail.

7/24 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Public Meeting
Draft EIS Release Placerville - Marshall Building El Dorado County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA 95667.

7/25 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Public Meeting
Draft EIS Release Jackson - Civic Center, 33 Broadway, Jackson, CA 95642.

7/26 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Public Meeting
Draft EIS Release Markleeville - Turtle Rock Community Center, 17300 State Route 89, Markleeville, CA 96120.

7/31 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Public Meeting
Draft EIS Release Folsom - Lake Natomas Inn, 702 Gold Lake Drive, Folsom CA 95630. To be confirmed.

BAY AREA MEETING
8/2 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Public Meeting
Draft EIS Release Concord - Pleasant Hill Recreation Center, 320 Civic Drive, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523.

Read this thread, it gives you an idea of what we are fighting for...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595700

I'll be hitting the Pleasant Hill meeting as well.

I've never been to anything like this. What am I to expect? Anything I should bring to these meetings? Would it be beneficial to attend more than one meeting?

Harlee&Tahoe said:
I've never been to anything like this. What am I to expect? Anything I should bring to these meetings? Would it be beneficial to attend more than one meeting?
Bring as many people as you can!

I'm trying to get everyone I know on board.
Search thread # 596279 on pirate for FAQ

What about the American Disabilities Act?
With these trail closures how will the disabled acess the national forest land?
There's to be more we can do.

I'll try to join in on the Concord/Pleasant Hill meeting as well. This will be my first time for a meeting like this as well. Good time to learn and get involved too.

I'm going to try to attend as many as I can, Concord may be a little too far as I do have to work that day.

As well as speaking up at the meetings, send in your comments in writing!

The FS is required to respond to every substanative comment sent in. If you say the plan bites, they won't respond. If you say seasonal closures don't make sense because over the snow travel is not environmentally damaging they must respond.

Write in on each and every point you can think of.

Doug

Lets start an inventory of important trails: Trail #'s/ common name/ why it's important/ special (good camp site, scenic vista point or trail, bypass for easier route or broken rigs, fishing spots, or any other reason that makes sense
Let's Join forces and fight for our rights as Americans and our Freedom!
:NAXJA: :patriot: :wantyou:

I'm at work now but as soon as I get off I will post a few trails I know of

Yes, you need to show up to a meeting. However, the purpose of the meetings is to give out information so that you can respond IN WRITING. Listen, ask questions, and be prepared to write meaningful and specific comments.

I went to Placerville meeting last week and will attend folsom this week. The purpose of the meeting is to explain the process of the Comment Period and how we have all gotten to this point in the process. The Forest Supervisor did not attend Placerville as it was reported that his father was terminally ill. Jason (forget his last name) ran the meeting and he has only been in his position for two or three months. He sure inherited a tough job. Essentially 1800 miles are on the chopping block because the Forest Service cannot "manage" (whatever that means) all the current routes. By reducing the number of miles of trails they hope to be able to manage them better. However, by constricting the reported 15X increase in OHV use in the Forest to fewer trails, the remaining trails will just be more impacted by traffic, erosion, crowding...

A point of note is that over 200 people attended Placerville. Of those 200, I would guess somewhere between 5-10 were anti-access greenies that want the entire forest closed to vehicular activity. This is really a bad process and the forest service is trying to balance the interests of the OHV users versus the greenies (non-access) versus their budget to manage. The forest service finds it much easier to close down the forest than to leave it open and manage it.

I hope to see some familiar faces in Folsom. Anybody want to buy a jeep? I have a feeling the resale value on Jeeps in norcal is going to plummet.

Back