• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I’m looking at these CO2 setups

Jes said:
I have a 10LB. tank and while I like it and it fills my tires quickly, it is expensive. I probably go through 6 or 7 tanks a year and at about $15 a fill up that ain't cheap. Also, when you run out and only have 3 of your tires filled it can be a PITA.

Do you wheel that much Jes or do you have a leak???? I know you wheel a lot but you need 6-7 tank fill ups a year. Do you fill eveyone up in your group? :laugh3:

I jus got a 20 lbs tank and should have it together for the Hollister run tomorrow.
Troy

I bought a CO2 system from Polyperformance last year. Works great and the price was right. Runs a ½’ impact too.
The local welding supply fills the 10 pound bottle on-site, while you wait for $12.
There is no need to unexpectedly run out. Weight the unit just after it has been filled and keep track of how many tires you fill. Weigh it again when you return. After a couple of trips, you will know how many tires you can expect to fill per tank. A digital scale works best.
I marked the full weight on the side of the bottle with a Sharpie.
BTW, I also carry a small electric air pump, just in case.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=57&cat=11&page=1

Tell your freeloading friends to get there own tank<g>

I second (or third?) the FormattFab tanks.

I picked up the 10 lb tank, regulator, and bracket from him and couldn't be happier. I've only used the tank on one offroad trip, that was a week of wheeling in Moab. The CO2 was used extensively for a 1/2" impact gun and also as the CO2 for a keg :)cheers:), at the end of the week I had enough air left to fill my 31's from 12 to 28.

Tank is feeling low and the gauge is reading time to replace; however a couple weeks ago I was able to use it again for impact (had to get a very stuck bolt out of a harmonic balancer...cranked the regulator up to 300 psi and it came right off).

Word of advise. Don't run the regulator at a ridiculously high pressure...it will ice up. I have no icing problems when running at 120 psi for the low side pressure.

Wow, I guess I'm lucky. It cost's me a grand total of....nothing.....to get my tank filled. I work at a company that does medical oxygen and I fill the tanks. I have a buddy who works at another company who fills our liquid oxygen bulk tanks for us and they do Co2 there among other gases. I'll just swing by and have it filled in 2 minutes.

AZ XJ said:
Wow, I guess I'm lucky. It cost's me a grand total of....nothing.....to get my tank filled. I work at a company that does medical oxygen and I fill the tanks. I have a buddy who works at another company who fills our liquid oxygen bulk tanks for us and they do Co2 there among other gases. I'll just swing by and have it filled in 2 minutes.

You are so lucky. :laugh3:

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to brag at all. I just never really thought about how much of a hassle it could be. Almost everybody has a friend who can get them stuff for a deal... mine just gets me gas lol.

Back