• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea for next year...

What other realistic areas do you think could see improvement?

I think a working CB needs to become a NAXJA requirement, not just suggested equipment. You can get a hand held CB for cheap now days.

Maybe a free Winterfest package to the person who has to travel the longest distance to get to the event, preregistration would be required. We used to get more SEC folks.

The newb adoption thing sounds brilliant. I'm sure there are NAXJA users/members who are a little timid about attending an event or getting their rig in the woods. Knowing they would have a coach when they got there could help.

It would be nice if any first year people would share there most confusing or bad moment. If it is not worthy of the public knowing it could always be PM'd to you Mike (haleyes)

no strong points, just brainstorming

I think a working CB needs to become a NAXJA requirement, not just suggested equipment. You can get a hand held CB for cheap now days.

Maybe a free Winterfest package to the person who has to travel the longest distance to get to the event, preregistration would be required. We used to get more SEC folks.

The newb adoption thing sounds brilliant. I'm sure there are NAXJA users/members who are a little timid about attending an event or getting their rig in the woods. Knowing they would have a coach when they got there could help.

It would be nice if any first year people would share there most confusing or bad moment. If it is not worthy of the public knowing it could always be PM'd to you Mike (haleyes)

no strong points, just brainstorming

Woohoo! I'm no longer a Noob. I had a CB at WF i just couldn't talk to my group but i could hear them!

Hence the working CB part.

Yeah its good now i got my wilson 4 footer put on last night and i was picking up broadcasts several miles away! I do think it should be required to have one because we lost our tail gunner when he was having battery issues. BOB had to go back and find him.

that is a word that has never been used when refering to an idea I had!!!!

I knew I liked Gene for some reason, now I know!!!!

I say brilliant because it was probably a late night post influenced by Keystone Light. You have to understand what I'm thinking when we talk NOOB adoption. In my mind it's not always for the first time green trail wheeler. I have that "spotting for my entertainment" thing in mind. Basically you find out who is running which trail, if you have talked to them or seen them wheel, you then PEER PRESSURE the ever living poo out of them to wheel a harder trail. You give them the peace of mind that you will spot them or don't mind winching or pulling a strap to help them out of a bad spot.

Agree Dan.

BTW: WF will ALWAYS be in Attica as long as there is a place to wheel there.

Rev

we're still debating this? :D :D

:moon:

Back