• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wish my garage was heated

Matthew Currie said:
No, you see, it's not self explanatory. Anne Frank was a Dutch Jewish teenager who wrote a very famous (and worth reading) diary recounting her experiences hiding from the Nazis, until her family was captured, and she was sent to a concentration camp, where she died. She was not visually impaired as far as I can recall. Your reference does not seem to make much sense.

Agreed.

NO, you people dont see. (I know who Anne Frank is, its a movie reference. Watch Clerks 2)

Afterwards it will make perfect sense ;)

Ramsey said:
NO, you people dont see. (I know who Anne Frank is, its a movie reference. Watch Clerks 2)

Afterwards it will make perfect sense ;)

If it requires watching a particular movie, and it's not a classic movie, you'd save aggravation from old farts like me by putting it in quotation marks.

Oh, that won't do. not at all.. You see, one has to have to have the clickish feel behind the quote. You know, the inside joke. Those outside the joke won't get it, making one feel superior and the people outside the joke appear stupid.

What is the answer to the Ultimate question, Life the Universe and everything?
Hint: It's in a book and a movie...

"Theres a dead bishop on the landing". "What diocese is he?"
Hint: Location of the identifiying Tatoo is in a book and a movie.

These often quoted answers are often linked to the joke that goes with it, yet insiders get the reference anyway. Accept your position as an outsider to the Pop culture. I did a long time ago and look at these feeble attemts to assert superiority as a pathetic attempt by pathetic Pop watching individuals to change their status as no-lifers to something a bit more noteworthy -LOL!

-Take it in the spirit of fun it is given :D -

Ron

Zuki-Ron said:
Oh, that won't do. not at all.. You see, one has to have to have the clickish feel behind the quote. You know, the inside joke. Those outside the joke won't get it, making one feel superior and the people outside the joke appear stupid.

What is the answer to the Ultimate question, Life the Universe and everything?
Hint: It's in a book and a movie...

"Theres a dead bishop on the landing". "What diocese is he?"
Hint: Location of the identifiying Tatoo is in a book and a movie.

These often quoted answers are often linked to the joke that goes with it, yet insiders get the reference anyway. Accept your position as an outsider to the Pop culture. I did a long time ago and look at these feeble attemts to assert superiority as a pathetic attempt by pathetic Pop watching individuals to change their status as no-lifers to something a bit more noteworthy -LOL!

-Take it in the spirit of fun it is given :D -

Ron
I will freely admit to being from another planet where popular culture is concerned. Even though I do at least know that the answer to everything is "42."

I do think putting the line in quotes wouldn't hurt it much, and at least it would prevent us space aliens from attributing the silliness of it to Ramsey himself.

For it to be pop culture a lot of people would have to have seen it, and I doubt thats ever gonna happen.

Back