• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need to get the hell out of LA

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
what the hell do you do for work....

I am a field service engineer for a micro electronics company, I make ok money but the wife is between jobs and making ends meet is getting tough

Brendan_91XJ said:
You could always move to Colorado and get a job at the Coors plant. From what I understand, and have seen, you keep that company going :D
haha yea me and a couple buddies.... you havent even see me drunk yet brendan. :D

I just bought a house, 2 bed 1 bath, 5 acres, has its own well so no water bill, for $85k. My credit isn't so great (lots of hospital bills for the wife and a couple pregnancies) and we got a 6.8% loan through Wells Fargo. I used my VA loan so that likely kept the rate down some. But we're only paying $670/month for mortgage+insurance and property tax. The downside is, its in 29 Palms. But plenty of desert to play in, JV's right down the road, Big Bear's a couple hours, Pioneertown is close (actually where my church is, takes 45 minutes, practically next door to Pappy and Harriet's) and everything's cheap, except gas which expensive like everywhere else.
Before, we lived in Cathedral City (suburb to Palm Springs) in a low income apt complex we paid $836/month for a 3 bed 2 bath. Now its $951/month, but it's federally controlled rent so the gov't subsidizes the property owner to keep the rent down some.

Darky said:
I just bought a house, 2 bed 1 bath, 5 acres, has its own well so no water bill, for $85k. My credit isn't so great (lots of hospital bills for the wife and a couple pregnancies) and we got a 6.8% loan through Wells Fargo. I used my VA loan so that likely kept the rate down some. But we're only paying $670/month for mortgage+insurance and property tax. The downside is, its in 29 Palms. But plenty of desert to play in, JV's right down the road, Big Bear's a couple hours, Pioneertown is close (actually where my church is, takes 45 minutes, practically next door to Pappy and Harriet's) and everything's cheap, except gas which expensive like everywhere else.
Before, we lived in Cathedral City (suburb to Palm Springs) in a low income apt complex we paid $836/month for a 3 bed 2 bath. Now its $951/month, but it's federally controlled rent so the gov't subsidizes the property owner to keep the rent down some.

wow...thats pretty badass. that sounds great.

Yo Mike, i just saw this thread, and helllls yes I agree with you. The wife and I bought a house and then I got laid off this march, luckily back working now, but not the same dough I was making before, I am thinking it will be ok long term, we will see...

Anyways, for you, my honest recomendation is get out to the IE, or north SD. I know you might not like it, but shoot, thats the way to go, and it is significantly cheaper..... before I bought my house, I paid $1100 in a nice ass community for a decent apartment (gated and garage). So it is doable......I would stay start with applying at the dealerships....more money to be made their, and start moving this way.

Might not be what you want to hear, but just my two cents. (Plus it would be a hell of a lot closer to JV, BB, and Cleg)

tcm glx said:
Yo Mike, i just saw this thread, and helllls yes I agree with you. The wife and I bought a house and then I got laid off this march, luckily back working now, but not the same dough I was making before, I am thinking it will be ok long term, we will see...

Anyways, for you, my honest recomendation is get out to the IE, or north SD. I know you might not like it, but shoot, thats the way to go, and it is significantly cheaper..... before I bought my house, I paid $1100 in a nice ass community for a decent apartment (gated and garage). So it is doable......I would stay start with applying at the dealerships....more money to be made their, and start moving this way.

Might not be what you want to hear, but just my two cents. (Plus it would be a hell of a lot closer to JV, BB, and Cleg)
Where'd you find an apt. for that in Riverside? The market shot up unfortunately lately.

GrimmJeeper said:
help! i need out. the cost of living is on the rise and i just cant do it anymore. i am looking for advice on other areas in SoCal. i really want to stay here but the wife is talking about moving out of state (freaking Idaho cause her kids from a prev marriage have grandparents there, woohoo....:rolleyes:) HELP where are you guys living, how much is it costing you on average, and what are you doing to make ends meet?

i REALLY dont want to leave socal, but i have to do whats best for my family. this SUCKS.

I can send you a list of inexpensive bank repos here in the Hi Dez if you send me your e=mail address. Prices up here are half what they were 18 months ago.
My e-mail is [email protected]

sad to see soo many jeepers hurting, i was in a similar situation a couple months ago, i didnt move though, i got a better paying job =\

Check out Green Valley Mike. Its where I am now. I am renting a 2bd, 2ba house with 2 car garage and driveway parking for 4 for 1200.

Johnny's seen it...

Its 15 miles or so to the nearest store, and cell phones have no reception, but I cook at home a lot more now, and forward my cell to my home phone when I'm home.

Back