• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am soooo done with this xj... please help me search for a "better" one..

Re: I am soooo done with this xj... please help me search for a "better" one..

Thanks mike!! seen these.... however a bit for away etc ... i know im being sort of picky/looking for something hard to find...

i dont expect to find anything really soon... but please keep an eye open... i almost always everyday look on craigslist.... for deals..

Thanks!!!

might have found something... 94 laredo... 4,0 4x4 auto 178,xxx miles... lots of new parts.... 750 bucks! and its right in town!!

sweet! lol

I dd it for a year or so. The paddle tires are sold seperate it has stock wheels and tires.

1000bucks u can have my 89 cherokee with 4.5 rancho lift. 456 geared 8.25 29spline, 5 speed, front axle is disconnected i havent did the front gears yet. Many replaced parts. interior and exterior bedlinered sprayed. If interested i have a ton more pics and details about it. I live in swanton ohio which is south of toledo.

TonysJeepproject070.jpg

their is one right in town here that I'll check on tomorrow, its a 97+ body style 2 door, looks pretty basic, black, the guy has been trying to sell it for nearly 8 months and no luck, I haven't seen a price on it, just a phone number, I'll try and talk to him or at least get the number for you.

their is one right in town here that I'll check on tomorrow, its a 97+ body style 2 door, looks pretty basic, black, the guy has been trying to sell it for nearly 8 months and no luck, I haven't seen a price on it, just a phone number, I'll try and talk to him or at least get the number for you.

Thanks Mike!! the guy in town here that has a 94' sent an email back i might check it out when i come back(out of town)....

I looked at that cherokee, today, turns out its out of your price range.

Its a 98 with 81k on it not perfect, it actually wouldn't start but turned over alright, said it started fine last week probly something easy. looked pretty good but he wanted $3000 for it. He said he was asking 3800 for it but said thats what he would take. he didn't seem like he wanted to sell it even, but his wife was making him. still a pretty sweet jeep for the price. heres his number if you want to call him. (815) 286-3170

I looked at that cherokee, today, turns out its out of your price range.

Its a 98 with 81k on it not perfect, it actually wouldn't start but turned over alright, said it started fine last week probly something easy. looked pretty good but he wanted $3000 for it. He said he was asking 3800 for it but said thats what he would take. he didn't seem like he wanted to sell it even, but his wife was making him. still a pretty sweet jeep for the price. heres his number if you want to call him. (815) 286-3170

Thanks! but your right over budget.... the guy here in yorkville said he was somewhat flexible on price... asking 750.... it has 178,xxx 4x4 4 door auto 4.0... im going to look at it wednesday night... so ill keep ya posted....

Thanks for the help!!

i got my 98 2x4 xj with a bad trans for 600. swapped over my old junk and less than two weeks later i had a clean rig. good deals are out there, especialy when gas goes up. good luck

still looking guys please keep an eye out.... 1000-1500... 2000K MAX..
in Northern IL/South part of WI...

Thanks!!

I hav'nt seen any other ones, but it looks like you have some competition

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/wan/1092931928.html

lol, seriously though, what are you driving now? do you have another car, (I thought you said you did). If so, why not just save up for a little while till you have a bit more to spend? It'll be worth it in the long run.

I hav'nt seen any other ones, but it looks like you have some competition

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/wan/1092931928.html

lol, seriously though, what are you driving now? do you have another car, (I thought you said you did). If so, why not just save up for a little while till you have a bit more to spend? It'll be worth it in the long run.

Thats my ad!! lol i do have a 05' honda civic that has NEVER let me down.. and that is my daily.... ya im thinking about waiting for a bit... i often times get an idea in my head and expect it to happen tomorrow.. lol the reason why im pressing is that my jeep insurance is REALLY REALLY high... so ill most likely drop it soon.... wait until i find something decent... and then swap everything over.... when the time is right.... ill then try to sell mine for pretty cheap.... (in stock form...) unless someone is interested in buying the jeep as a whole and then i can just get a new lift etc....
idk... lol

Thanks for keeping an eye out... i check craiglists more then i should...(almost like every other hour lol)..... so ya please keep an eye out.... ROB (previous owner/builder) is going to be pissed when he hears that im taking the lift and everything off....... well shouldnt have sold it... i paid about what the lift and tires etc... is equal to soo im not out much really.....

i guess it wouldnt take much to fix that horrible leak and maybe a new tranny but im not about changing out trannies..... lol plus if i can swap to something ALOT newer and less miles... etc..

ok in short ill wait for a while...(im not going to buy a pile and be pissed....)

have you thought of swapping your drivetrain? Ive seen complete drivetrains for fairly cheap with computers... check with your local insurance providers for auctions on rolled XJ's etc. Just a thought.

have you thought of swapping your drivetrain? Ive seen complete drivetrains for fairly cheap with computers... check with your local insurance providers for auctions on rolled XJ's etc. Just a thought.

dont really feel like going through that.... lots of work IMO...

plus im looking to going to a newer jeep... like the style of the 97+ cherokees....

plus i would have to replace the steering box in my current xj as i have 90 degrees of play in the steering wheel...

plus there is quite a bit of rust/big holes all over my current xj....

looking at going newer/less rusty xj... swapping over lift and axles...

Thanks for the insight!!! any comments are welcome!!

Hello. I have a 98 Sport w /160k miles on it. Some guy pulled out in from a parking spot today and nailed me. Its not bad but it is going to be a total loss. I will have the option of retaining salvage on it. If you want to pick up a project car in Chicago I may be able to help. Here is a list of what it will need:

-header panel
-right signal lamp
-right headlamp bezel
-right fender
-right front wheel
-front axle
-right trailing arm (I think they call it an upper control arm
-the right fender flare and right bumper endcap are textured and have light scuffs

You can have it for really really cheap. If you are interested let me know. The Jeep is in good shape. Very minimal rust (none of it is exposed). New battery, rear brakes, shocks, sway bar links and bushings, exhaust and converter, oil filter adapter gaskets, radiator, t stat and housing, and headlamps.

Hello. I have a 98 Sport w /160k miles on it. Some guy pulled out in from a parking spot today and nailed me. Its not bad but it is going to be a total loss. I will have the option of retaining salvage on it. If you want to pick up a project car in Chicago I may be able to help. Here is a list of what it will need:

-header panel
-right signal lamp
-right headlamp bezel
-right fender
-right front wheel
-front axle
-right trailing arm (I think they call it an upper control arm
-the right fender flare and right bumper endcap are textured and have light scuffs

You can have it for really really cheap. If you are interested let me know. The Jeep is in good shape. Very minimal rust (none of it is exposed). New battery, rear brakes, shocks, sway bar links and bushings, exhaust and converter, oil filter adapter gaskets, radiator, t stat and housing, and headlamps.

pm sent!

Back