• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Huge Jeep Meet in CT on July 16

ctjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
this meet has no club affiliations or sponsers-all clubs welcome.All Jeeps from the Northeast and everywhere else welcome! -I don't have all the details ironed out yet but here is what I do have. The Big Jeep Railroad Rendezvous will be held in Danbury, CT at the Danbury Railway museum on July 16th with a rain date of July 23rd.
Admission for jeep entrants will be free and also will let you into the museum for free and if you would like to ride on one of the antique trains that would be an extra $3 per person. Spectators will pay $6 and that will include all of the above , including the train ride.
We have added more categories this year. They are;
Farthest Distance Traveled
Most Modified CJ class
Most Modified YJ class
Most Modified TJ class
Best Military
Muddiest
Best Vintage (Pre-1970)
Best of Show
Most Original
Biggest Lift
Ugliest
Highest Mileage
Best Full Size
Most Unique.

There will be food available from the DRM for a small donation.
We are hoping to have a dealer come down and show off some of the newer jeep models and maybe even allow test drives also.
We are also going to be having vendors so if you want to or know of anyone who would like to display their ware just let me know.
I am trying to get some event coverage aby a couple of well-known magazines but we'll see where that goes
I am really excited about this location becuase we have 3 acres in which to have this show, and the trains are incredibly awesome. I personally did not see anything in them until I was up close and got to see the shear size of them. This show will be awesome!
As always I will be taking pre-registration by e-mail at [email protected]

Hope everyone can come-the more the better!

Well-The reason for no XJ category is we just haven't had any really come to the past 3 shows. Every year we add new categories based on what type of vehicles came to the prior year's show so, If alot of XJs show up this year then next year there will surely be a couple of categories!

Also-If you wanted to as a club have a little table to introduce yourselves to the rest of the jeep community we will be allowing that-I would just need to know in advance

hey all,

dave here, I want a XJ class, it is a must. as you get details post them, I'll have to take my jeep off of Marthas Vineyard to make it. great plans and let me know if you want any additional help with the event, maybe the guys from endangered species jeep will want to make it.

as I siad on every jeep site that I have seen this posted. I will be there. When time comes closer we can all plan to go down together.

Chris

YES IM ONLY 20 MINUTES FROM A JEEP SHOW!!!

ctjeepman, you live in my town what kind of jeep do u have??? who are you??

sidriptide said:
thanks for the effort..

nobody has XJs. at least not in CT

yes ive had 2 and currently have one
and no, nobody noticed or cared about them

sorry, but i just had to get a yj....

Re: Huge Jeep Meet in CT XJ Class

Okay, if the boys in charge go for it-consider it done...I'll personally sponsor the trophy for XJ class-since we'll be bringing down our modified 95 XJ to show off the custom bumper packages we'll be marketing!
And since I'm going to be helping out with shirts, trophies, etc. anyways...one more isn't going to hurt!
So unless I get told 'NO' I'll build one just for XJ's!
Everyone happy now?

redyouch said:
nobody has XJs. at least not in CT

yes ive had 2 and currently have one
and no, nobody noticed or cared about them

sorry, but i just had to get a yj....

so whats wrong with being a non-conformist?? XJs are gaining in popularity.. thats no reason to get rid of it..

Back