• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How NOT to build a BBQ-pit trailer LOL

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
I work for a steel fabrication shop in San Antonio and we are thinking about building BBQ-pit as a side business. And i'v been looking around the city for build ideas and current prices. And below are some photos of one I fond. Talk about bad workmanship. If you like to kown how NOT to build a BBQ-pit on a trailer this is it.
bbq01.jpg

bbq02.jpg

bbq03.jpg

WOW. that is so dangerous. they should know how dangerous that is.

Oh dear God, that is horrible. I've never welded in my life and I'm pretty sure I could lay a better bead than that. I also knew you don't weld on a spring pack. Geez.

I bet I know how that suspension disaster started...

axle, leafs, and the tires rubbed on something. So he pulled the axle off and moved it till it didn't rub when sitting still, then welded it on because there wasn't a center pin in the right place anymore. The tires still rubbed because the leafs are too weak for the trailer, so he welded that bar from the axle to the frame and hoped it would stay together.

dear god what a hackjob.

where are auto axles illegal as trailer axles? just curious

LOL, somehow, my eyes went straight to the 'missing wheel stud', so my mind instantly went to 'its not that bad... its only a bbq.... who needs all 5 wheel studs?....' then i saw the suspension delete.... OOPS.

Everything is bigger in Texas.....including the dumbasses! :roflmao:

Back