• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many miles on your rig?

I just turned 36,000 today in my '01
Kiss that warranty good bye.
Here come the mods
Well, as soon as I pay for my wedding and honeymoon (cruise) and the new house we just bought and buy her a WJ and WHAT EVER ELSE CAN SLOW ME DOWN
CRAP

What, am I the only one to break 200K on a post-Renix XJ so far?

Anyway, my '92 is at 201,700 and counting.

Original powertrain, but with new rod/main bearings at 170K.

Rob

235,000 on the '87 XJ
175,000 on the '93 ZJ
32,000 on the '45 MB

hmmmm, the odometer sez 116k, but it was not working for about 6 months, so it's probly more like 130k, this XJ does all the good and bad things everyone is used to, gotta love it. It has always made it home, even when damaged ;-0

my 87 has over 250k... odo broke at 195000 2 years ago.. previous owners son drove it for 2 years without an operational odo..... runs sweet....
my 99 just turned 67000...

1990 stock, all original as far as i know
just broke 260,000

Ok, I'll be the low-mile-to-age-ratio one, easy enough since it's 99% stock (except for those super-mod 215 tires, right Eagle? :D )...

'88 2WD 4.0/AW4, just broke 115k miles - true enough, the speedometer seems to be right on according to the roadside radars. Good enough condition I'm not worrying about differences now. Prev owner drove back and forth every day to college, which is about what I'm doing with it now. =]

140xxx when i "lost" my speedo gear last month.

Ill get another one in there sometime soon... Ya sure.

230,000 on '89 Laredo when the speedo cable siezed eight months ago (speedometer!!?? we dunt need no steeking speedometer!!!!) . I made the mistake of bragging about the service around 170,000 (never broke a bolt loose except brakes,tires battery), since then new 3 core radiator, starter, water pump, 2 alternators, p/s pump, oil pump and crank bearings.

20x,xxx

The speedo has worked on and off sort of sporadically over the past four years.

Is it just me, or do the Renix/AMC era XJ's seem to last longer than the newer models? Seems like the old ones had better build quality.......

CRASH......Renix fan for life!

Jeeps just keep getting better and better the more you drive them...

:D

Is it wierd that half of us dont have working speedos?

CRASH said:

Is it just me, or do the Renix/AMC era XJ's seem to last longer than the newer models? Seems like the old ones had better build quality.......

CRASH......Renix fan for life!

It may be, but then again, the AMC/Renix XJs are older anyhow. Also, keep in mind that more and more people are of the "it's not fashionable to keep a car more than 2-3 years" mindset these days, and probably care for their vehicles less, since they're not stuck with it at the end of the lease term.

Come to think of it, there's probably a paper out there for someone who wanted to do an in-depth study of how automotive maintenance has gone down the sewer as leasing has increased in popularity. Myself, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a correlation between the two.

Give the early HO's a little more time -- My '92 is in fabulous shape (the odo reading I posted on page 2 is out of date - 201,900 miles as of yesterday), and runs as strong as ever. No real build qality issues in mine, near as I can tell. Of course, I could have gotten lucky and found a really good one...

Rob

178,000 on my '88 XJ, motor and AW4 are original but everything else in the drivetrain has been upgraded. I just put 2500 miles on it last week on the trip to CO. The '89 MJ has 117,000 and is running strong.

Back