• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many cans of Fix-a-flat?

while you have the bead broken, check for foreign objects and toss a tube in it.

Shops can be held liable for tubes failing inside a tubeless tire. its a tubeless tire. tubeless

tubeless

tubeless tire. So putting it in there is a cover for whats wrong with the tire. Shops wont do it.
It makes the tire harsh, more prone to pinch and failure. They cause extra heat and therefor can explode in the tire, causing failure. Its too much a risk/liability.

Shops can be held liable for tubes failing inside a tubeless tire. its a tubeless tire. tubeless

tubeless

tubeless tire. So putting it in there is a cover for whats wrong with the tire. Shops wont do it.
It makes the tire harsh, more prone to pinch and failure. They cause extra heat and therefor can explode in the tire, causing failure. Its too much a risk/liability.
Having performed hundreds of tire repairs dating back to flammable patch cement, I'm just gonna smile and let you "win" this one with your alarmist argument. I don't recall suggesting that a shop would be doing the work. Some hardware stores won't sell you fasteners if they know it will be used on a vehicle.

Last edited:
One thought to see if the valve is leaking. Time how long it takes to deflate from say, 45 psi to 30. Do that with and without the valve cap. If if deflates quicker without the valve cap, then it is leaking through the valve core.

David Bricker / SYR

Im no tire rookie. I've repaired retreaded grooved installed tires from small cars skids split rims and 24.5's. Can you do it? Ya you can do a lot of shit. Doesn't mean its smart. Why support half assed repairs instead of learning how to handle it.

you should just find a tire shop to work on it. could be a bead leak, stem, etc. and they should def be able to tube it.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I bought this set of tires used. They were all pretty much brand new with pretty low mileage. This particular tire has leaked before. It leaked on the last set of rims it was on and is leaking on mine now. The tire has some chunking and cuts in the rubber so my theory is that it's leaking out of a lot of pinholes. I just can't get it to bubble up. It's weird and that's why I'm considering fix-a-flat.

I tried to have it tubed, nobody around here would do it. There aren't any shops around here that can handle a 35" tire. They all say the same thing. Squirt bottle with soapy water. I've done it. MORE than once. I was trying to do this without putting it in the bathtub in the house. (Wife isn't going to be too happy about that) I'm going to try the bathtub today and see what I get. I've scrutinized the valve and stem a lot and can't find anything.

lol if you get REALLY desperate you can take it to the local pond or something like that.. You might get a few strange looks from anyone that sees you lmao. But if you can get it to go under you could submerge the whole tire and see the general areas the bubbles are coming from

try windex ( works great) fill that sucker up to 45 psi and check the bead. For some reason Windex will bubble like hell on the smallest leak. When i worked at a tire shop the hidden leaks were always in the bead or valve stem. if its loosing air at a super slow rate you should be able to find it easily that way. If your SOL you can always have a shop try putting bead sealant on it..

or,
9189283.jpg

Last edited:
Back